Optimal Settings for Voodoshield Pro (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
After deciding to combo Windows Defender with Voodoshield in my main PC and activating the Pro version, I am wondering what do you guys recommend in VS Settings. There were no posts here in MT about this, so had to create a new discussion.
Im an average user who likes to test software, but would not like to be slowed down or disturbed too much.
Anyway do not mind regedit/cmd/powershell blocks as they me feel more protected.

LuciusHaydn

Level 1
Verified
Mar 19, 2017
In my experience, and from a fairly large number of users of VS, the vast majority of defaults are fine as is. The one that really should be changed though in the Advanced section is to uncheck the setting for "allow by parent process."
Beyond that, even the developer has said he pretty much uses the default settings.
That is my experience anyhow. If someone else has other suggestions, that is fine. But really, I don't think you will need to change too much more.

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
In my experience, and from a fairly large number of users of VS, the vast majority of defaults are fine as is. The one that really should be changed though in the Advanced section is to uncheck the setting for "allow by parent process."
Beyond that, even the developer has said he pretty much uses the default settings.
That is my experience anyhow. If someone else has other suggestions, that is fine. But really, I don't think you will need to change too much more.

Thanks. I already had that setting unckecked anyway.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If you have moved your desktop or your downloads folder to a custom location, you must add it to the protected locations when VoodooShield is "off". Otherwise, you will not have protection where you need it most.
If you have VS set to "always on", this is irrelevant.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I would add that disabling "allow by parent process" is not as important as some people think, because it is already disabled for sensitive locations, such as temp folders. This security feature is hard-coded.

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
If you have moved your desktop or your downloads folder to a custom location, you must add it to the protected locations when VoodooShield is "off". Otherwise, you will not have protection where you need it most.
If you have VS set to "always on", this is irrelevant.

I have it always in AutoPilot Mode. I guess it is irrelevant too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.