Advice Request Optimize BD Internet Security 2017

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I'm trying it out, is there anyway to optimize Bitdefender so it uses as little RAM as possible? can be very heavy at times with 180-320mb of ram, jumping to near 800mb when scanning
Despite that Bitdefender is known to consume lots of RAM, nearing 800MB when scanning is too much. I would assume it's a bug or memory leak.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I'm trying it out, is there anyway to optimize Bitdefender so it uses as little RAM as possible? can be very heavy at times with 180-320mb of ram, jumping to near 800mb when scanning
Are you seeing system impact or is your system running well and BD is just using a lot of RAM? And that is a LOT of RAM, but if your system is running smooth and you have plenty of RAM I wouldn't worry about it. Every time I've used BD I've seen a big impact on performance and my machine is pretty powerful.

Last edited:

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Not sure but you can try by installing Process Lasso, I have had positive feedback when I used software avid of RAM.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
virtual machine has 2 cores, and 2gb of ram. But vsserv.exe has used up to 60% cpu when busy, peaking at 190mb of ram. host machine has 8gb ram in total and a 2.8ghz processor
Damn that's a LOT of CPU. I can deal with high RAM usage but I wouldn't tolerate high CPU usage.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
RAM is there to be used. it is the fastest thing on your pc and it doesnt break as fast as a processor or hdd/ssd. if a program use more ram but is lighter on the machine its a well coded programm. but a program that uses less ram and use more cpu its just bad programing in my opion.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well unfortunately it can be program's fault on not being optimized. There is no way solution at all except using Process Lasso (as mentioned) to control the responsiveness from high CPU usage/RAM usage.

Reactions: XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.