Battle OS X and Windows: Trend Micro Max or Norton Security

rosendalek

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
I am coming up for renewal with Trend Micro Maximum security. But im also liking the features of Norton Security W Backup 22.8.

I have read all the features and now its a matter of asking for opinions, to help me decide.

Norton offers 3 devices for $79.95
Trend only 2 for $69.95 (renewal discount)

I only use OSX and Windows 10 64bit, so not sure if I need the extra device for $10 more

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Trend Micro is a little heavy on ram btw Norton is lighter.(I use Trend Micro 5 years ago I have bad dream on it :( )
Trend Micro has more Fps than Norton.
both of them are strong.
As @frogboy said we suggested you to use Norton :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I've been using Trend Micro for about 12 years now and have watched it grow from a signature based antivirus to a cloud based antivirus. Yes I've tried other antiviruses including Norton but have always come back to Trend for the reason it's so simple to use, yet if you want to maximise the most of Trend you can. Norton/Symantec is really good when it comes to the business side of things no question there but when you're looking at a consumer side have always gone for Trend. Trend also has/still does (from what I've seen over the years) the best web filter/shield out there. Most people will say that people say that you can just ignore the message and continue and hope that Trend will block it, but to me if that ever happened I'd just power on the virtual machine and go for gold playing with malware in there as I do in the Malware Hub here on MalwareTips.

Trend Micro is a little heavy on ram btw Norton is lighter.(I use Trend Micro 5 years ago I have bad dream on it :( )

I do agree with this. Trend was very very heavy on ram years ago but since moving to the cloud I have never even noticed any system impact on performance when it comes to the Trend.

I also love the features it comes with. Not sure about Norton as it has been a good year since I tested their products but when you buy Trend you're buying the product but also buying other features like a password manager, can protect up to 6 devices/computers can protect and block bad websites that you don't want your children to go to.

But at the end of the day it comes down to preference. Why not give Norton a go for 30 days and see how you like it. You might end up liking it alot or might just like to stick to Trend.
The choice is yours :)

Reactions: omidomi and frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It seems Norton Cloud functionality are more accurate and lesser FP's compare to Trend Micro but both of them can be aggressive enough.

I agree where Norton on business side are much capable; but TM on the other hand gain respectable institutions which a good alternative from known ones.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.