Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Enable Smartscreen.

Add EEK or NPE.

Replace adblock with uBlock Origin.

Add HTTPS Everywhere.

Add Sandboxie Free (and use it while browsing to have more protection).

Follow suggestion of @bribon77 about backups.

Thanks for sharing.

Couldn't have said it better myself friend @JM Security !

I even use uBlock Origin and AdGuard together with good results. I would take off adblock @Os4a ... adblock isn't as good as it use to be sadly.

I would personally suggest Macrium Reflect (Free) along with viBoot (Free). Those two combined are amazing for troubleshooting and getting you back up and running. AOMEI Backupper Standard (Free) is easy to use, easy to understand, and just plain works time after time. So much so I went for a lifetime purchase of the professional version of AOMEI Backupper. @bribon77 Good recommendations there.

I would change the following:

User Access Control to Always Notify - For App installs, Modify system & User settings as it will help to keep things locked down a bit more.

Thanks for sharing @Os4a !

~Brian

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Enable Smartscreen this is the important one, enable this! Also use Macrium Reflect as your backup program. Both are essential is a secure computer config. Set UAC to ALways Notify as well.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.