Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
What triggered their filters?It’s a temporary issue and should hopefully be resolved soon. It was delisted due to a change in the description that flagged their filters.
I added a section that listed some of the protection providers in Osprey, and it triggered their anti-spam filters and de-listed the extension.What triggered their filters?
Where you informed or did you notice that the updates failed?I added a section that listed some of the protection providers in Osprey, and it triggered their anti-spam filters and de-listed the extension.
Informed via email at like 2:00 AM.Where you informed or did you notice that the updates failed?
Hello @Foulest, yep. I think that it would be especially helpful for my coworkers, our patrons, and people who I recommend Osprey Browser Protection to. To help them avoid clicking on bad links, and to help train them to be a bit more cautious with links.Would that be a feature you would like? It will slow down search result pages, and the safety badges won't update as fast as other extensions, given that Osprey makes up to 21 network calls per website, compared to Bitdefender's one.
Hello @Foulest, Osprey Browser Protection is showing as not available at the Google Chrome Web Store right now for me:
![]()
Osprey: Browser Protection - Chrome Web Store
Automatically blocks phishing, malware, scams, and dangerous websites while you browse. Free protection for safer browsing.chromewebstore.google.com
View attachment 299735
It’s a temporary issue and should hopefully be resolved soon. It was delisted due to a change in the description that flagged their filters.
Thanks @silversurfer.
Sorry for the late reply, work and life gets in the way. This is fixed.@Foulest last night and this morning when I was using Osprey Website Safety Checker to check assumed false positives that OverPhish was detecting on FHMY.net.
To see if Osprey Browser Protection would detect those same links or not.
As I get an idea of how bad the false positives are before reporting them to OverPhish.
I noticed that AlphaMountain has been showing as Unavailable when I use Osprey Website Safety Checker to test some links the OverPhish detects as malicious / phishing (Telegram links, various others, but not all):
View attachment 299859
The Osprey Status Page does not show anything wrong.
And trying those links on AlphaMountain ThreatYeti works, until you reach the daily limit, of course.
So I am not sure what is going on there and whether it is also impacting Osprey Browser Protection or not.
Thank you.
Thank you @Foulest, I was starting to get a little worried, I am glad that you are okay, keep up the good work.Sorry for the late reply, work and life gets in the way. This is fixed.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes