Ouch: HP brings Windows 7 'back by popular demand'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

Thread author
With Windows 8 bearing a good share of the blame for the declining PC market, HP is falling back on Windows 7 for its latest marketing push. The world’s second largest computer maker recently began promoting PCs loaded with Windows 7 on its U.S. website, buoyed by an email marketing push.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
8 - 1 = 7 :)

Can't blame them a majority of Home users dislike Windows 8 out of the box

Reactions: BoraMurdar
I

illumination

Thread author
Windows 7 being the new windows xp, will be hard to write off. I have actually thought about going back to windows 7 myself, as i really do not use most of the features in windows 8.1, and i find windows 7 to be a little more stable.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I highly doubt businesses,government agencies & institutions will be switching to Windows 8 since most including my employer are scrambling to get everyone updated from XP to Windows 7.I like Windows 8.1 but I still use Windows 7 most of the time.It took me a long time to completely move from XP to Windows 7.For the average Home user, most were on XP then Windows 7 and along comes Windows 8 which is a drastic departure from what they have been accustomed to with the previous Windows versions.Most I know have the same complaint "Windows 8 sucks,I cant find anything and there is no start menu".Since they buy a PC with Windows already installed you can see how this can adversely effect the sales of PC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.