Status
Not open for further replies.

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
Hi there, I've recently installed KIS 2015 on Windows 7, and was wondering whether there is a way that I could be prompted to allow/deny outgoing connections.. ie, having failed a couple of leaktests......
Also, could anyone suggest an optimum configuration?
Many thanks.....

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hi there, I've recently installed KIS 2015 on Windows 7, and was wondering whether there is a way that I could be prompted to allow/deny outgoing connections.. ie, having failed a couple of leaktests......
Also, could anyone suggest an optimum configuration?
Many thanks.....
With previous versions there was a provision to do so!
I dont think it's possible to do so with the current version!
It defaults to allow for reputable applications!

PS:You could try uncheching "Automatic mode" in Settings > General > Protection > Interactive protection,and see if that makes any difference!

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Also You can untick "Trust digitally signed applications", and in FireWall/Application Control set to "Prompt for Action" the access of the Application when connection the NetWorks.

Set "Low Restricted" or "High Restricted" to Unknown applications in Application Control Settings.

In Threats & Exclusions enable: Detect other software than can be used...

Enable "Trusted Application Mode".

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Also You can untick "Trust digitally signed applications", and in FireWall/Application Control set to "Prompt for Action" the access of the Application when connection the NetWorks.

Set "Low Restricted" or "High Restricted" to Unknown applications in Application Control Settings.

In Threats & Exclusions enable: Detect other software than can be used...

Enable "Trusted Application Mode".
Only problem is that the application needs to run first with access allowed then you have to go in and set to block!
It should prompt whether you want to allow an application to connect in the first place!
I wish KIS brings that feature back!
Thanks!

Reactions: Koroke San

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Since KIS2015, You can add to any restriction group any application even if it was not ran for the 1st time, in Application Control just go to a restriction group, mouse right click -> Add application to group -> then set up restrictions: NetWork -> Prompt for Action, Block ->Start, etc.

Reactions: Venustus

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
The same options of posts #3 & #6 are valid/exiting in KIS2016MR0, but still in beta stage... In fact there is a new one in Application Control:
Change trust group for applications started before startup of Kaspersky Internet Security

Clicking this link opens the Trust group for applications started before startup of Kaspersky Internet Security window. In this window, you can change the trust group for applications started before startup of Kaspersky Internet Security. Network activity of applications started before the startup of Kaspersky Internet Security is controlled according to rules of the selected trust group.

By default, applications started before the startup of Kaspersky Internet Security are assigned to one of the trust groups based on the rules created by Kaspersky Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.