Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Mostly FYI.

As far as I know, 'mobile.pipe.aria.microsoft.com' is used for telemetry.

^ Fortunately having Blokada, it stopped all telemetry requests to 'mobile.pipe.aria.microsoft.com'. I uninstalled Outlook for Android (Google Play Store) and the connections stopped. I now use Gmail for all email providers.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I use AquaMail for my default mail, as a service OneDrive :)
You can block these domains too:

client-office365-tas.msedge.net
nexusrules.officeapps.live.com
nexus.officeapps.live.com
config.edge.skype.com
officeclient.microsoft.com
mobile.pipe.aria.microsoft.com

Take a look at this:
Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges

This is know from 2017 middle, if I remember corectly :)

ps: You have Skype installed?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Mostly FYI.

As far as I know, 'mobile.pipe.aria.microsoft.com' is used for telemetry.

^ Fortunately having Blokada, it stopped all telemetry requests to 'mobile.pipe.aria.microsoft.com'. I uninstalled Outlook for Android (Google Play Store) and the connections stopped. I now use Gmail for all email providers.
How about the version NOT from Google Play Store? I mean just an apk from other play stores

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Android users are better off using the built-in, 3rd party client, or Gmail itself. (Gmailify is an additional step for better spam protection).

Because in case you missed the advice that goes around... downloading any APKs from outside the Google Play Store is not advised, as it may bring additional risks such as malware and ID theft.

The altered versions of legit apps need to be continually supported by the external source otherwise risk losing features and potential bugs in the long run. In some case these modified apps may be taken down (ie. Spotify Dogfood) by request.

Only download APKs from a trusted and (preferably) an open-source App Store, which may have a slight less risk than some shady APK stores.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.