App Review Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.5 Test(MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

How would you rate Outpost Security Suite Pro 7.5 ?

• 5 Stars (Excellent)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 4 Stars (Very Good)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 3 Stars (Good)

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 2 Stars (Fair)

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 1 Star (Poor)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did not try this product!

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters

I3rYcE

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
So,Outpost is has got a good enough for the firewall but not good antivirus.There is lot of other free antivirus which is better .[AVAST]

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Outpost is costly here. They have no distributors in India I suppose and online ordering costs 1100Inr. Norton at 800Rs is cheaper.

P

Plexx

When I first did the Outpost video, I used all on stock settings and the pop ups were rather annoying to say the least, apart from lack of information/trivial.

That aside of a 45% detection rate, I was asked to do a new test on the Expert mode.

It was just even worse for a novice user.

Feel free to check them out for a comparison on how it performed.

To be honest I would not feel protected by Outpost.

Give the expert mode a try.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Biozfear said:
When I first did the Outpost video, I used all on stock settings and the pop ups were rather annoying to say the least, apart from lack of information/trivial.

That aside of a 45% detection rate, I was asked to do a new test on the Expert mode.

It was just even worse for a novice user.

Feel free to check them out for a comparison on how it performed.

To be honest I would not feel protected by Outpost.

Give the expert mode a try.

I would never use the product either. It's HIPS are way to chatty even for starter mode(can only image expert mode) and if I were to use a program that gave a lot of alerts, I would be using Comodo Firewall(which I am) but at-least Comdo quiets down over time. Also Comodo give more of a direction with test and either a red or orange alert,while Outpost changes color and says "moderate" action. What does moderate even mean(metaphorically speaking)?

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I have seen drastic improvement in comodo popup queries. Agnitum generates a lot of pop ups as by default for 14 days t goes into learning mode. Based on your usage you can reduce to 2-3days of learning mode. After that everything seems quite. Its Imporevnet service has to be improvement.
We cant expect much out of virus busters engine though.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
i rated it a 3 because i don`t now much about the AV engine (the resources, the usage)...

P

Plexx

tipo said:
i rated it a 3 because i don`t now much about the AV engine (the resources, the usage)...

From when I tested, AV engine wasn't that bad nor that good. My main issue was the trivial information and also as MD said, the grading system they used.

I for one still can't understand why moderate and suspicious have the same color.

Some users do swear by Outpost and perhaps depending on the needs it can be a viable product. I still fail to see paying for it. If you get it as a giveaway, then by all means use it to its full potential but prepare for a "rain of alerts", specially in expert mode.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.