-Removal
-Ram and CPU uses
-Firewall
-Overall

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
i use outpost and i like it better than avast been hearing and reading alot of complains about avast 8 being buggy and other problems too

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If we are referring from its detection and removal capabilities, Avast tends to have good experience in dealing it; however a recent issues caused a problem for the latest version.

Outpost Security Suite Pro and related its products are really powerful from its firewall but even their AV engines tends to improved they still using Virusbuster. (Unless it is change)

gone

Level 1
Jul 10, 2012
Detection- Avast!
Removal- Both are good
Ram and CPU uses - IMO Outpost is little less on resources than avast!
Firewall- Outpost
Overall - Avast!

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
And what exactly has to do Comodo firewall with this exactly defined thread which is Outpost SS Pro vs Avst IS 8?
Answer:
Is a learning situation to compare the pro's & con's not to limit to one & two. Also, to have a open mind.
Hope this answer your question to the above. You may choose to answer my question and/or not? But,please!
not make open ended statements. And try to add something of value to malwaretips.com Forums. Thank you!

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012
Moose said:
And what exactly has to do Comodo firewall with this exactly defined thread which is Outpost SS Pro vs Avst IS 8?
Answer:
Is a learning situation to compare the pro's & con's not to limit to one & two. Also, to have a open mind.
Hope this answer your question to the above. You may choose to answer my question and/or not? But,please!
not make open ended statements. And try to add something of value to malwaretips.com Forums. Thank you!

I think respecting the theme of the thread, opened by a certain member without flooding it is something of value. What's the point of all the threads in this part of the forum if they get diluted and same things repeated in almost every thread?
And to the topic, filling only the parts I'm certain of (my experience):
-Detection - definitely Avast
-Removal - not sure
-Ram and CPU uses - about the same
-Firewall - Outpost
-Overall - Outpost is better in proactive defense but still gathering impressions on the new Avast IS 8.0 which I have installed at the moment.

I

illumination

normalizerx said:
Moose said:
Answer:

I think respecting the theme of the thread, opened by a certain member without flooding it is something of value. What's the point of all the threads in this part of the forum if they get diluted and same things repeated in almost every thread?

Kind of like these polls, that get the user no where, as they are hearing personal experiences/opinions that are not based on their experience/knowledge/system resources.This forum is full of them.
No disrespect meant to anyone with this above statement of mine.
Akash209, you need to try both of these solutions for yourself, to see how they fit you.

Alp Arslan

Jan 11, 2013
Outpost SecuritySuite Pro has very low detection rate by engine but it has a good hips and it steel weak antivirus so i prefer avast
for ur points
-Detection avast for sure

-Removal both

-Ram and CPU uses avast little lighter

-Firewall oss but using avast IS steel better than using avast free + outpost fire wall

-Overall avast and it better for web protection and save browsing [/quote]

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have to agree with illumination in that you can read a thousand posts by a thousand different members and look at a bunch of biased online reviews and you will be right back at square one.

A poll for 2 pieces of Software is hardly going to give you the answer you are looking for.Only way to know for sure is by trying them for yourself.Whats light on my system might not be on yours.What I do, where I go and what I download online might not be the same as your browsing and download habits.

Therefore I have to agree with Moose offering CIS as an option as he is just giving the OP something to consider aside from the limited poll options.I would have done the same but I just voted and felt no need to comment.Well until now.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
LiLWaYnE said:
Avast IS didn't included Outpost firewall .
I read here:
http://www.agnitum.com/news/2012-12-06-agnitum-firewall-technology-avast.php

LiLWaYnE said:
Avast IS didn't included Outpost firewall .
I read here:
http://www.agnitum.com/news/2012-12-06-agnitum-firewall-technology-avast.php

Raider Red

Level 2
Verified
Feb 5, 2013
I have to go with Avast 8....been using AIS 8 since released and have not had a single issue (I'm using Win 7). I think many of the issues reported are with Win 8 or, shall we say, computers with their own problems before installing Avast. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.