Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Over One Third of Vegetarians Admit to Eating Meat When Drunk

New research by a money saving website in the UK has revealed that over a third of vegetarians eat meat whilst under the influence of alcohol. Furthermore, 1 in 3 of these ‘vegetarians’ revealed that they did so every time they were drunk on a night out.

A leading money saving website in the UK has found that over a third of vegetarians in the UK eat meat when they have been consuming alcohol. ‘Kebab meat’ and ‘beef burgers’ were voted the most common meat for vegetarians to give into when drunk.

The survey was conducted by www.VoucherCodesPro.co.uk, a leading money saving website in the UK. The team there surveyed 1,789 people in the UK, all of whom were vegetarians, as part of the study.

Initially, respondents were asked ‘When drunk, do you ever eat meat?’ To this, over a third of respondents (37%) admitted that they did so. The remaining 63% of respondents were adamant that they never ate meat when drunk.

Following on from this, respondents who disclosed that they had eaten meat when drunk were asked to disclose how often they did so. Respondents were presented with a list of possible answers and were asked to select which applied to them. Results were as follows:

1. Every time you are drunk on a night out– 34%

2. Fairly often – 26%

3. Rarely – 22%

4. Occasionally – 18%

Next, the same group of respondents were asked to indicate which foods they were most likely to eat when drunk. Again, respondents were presented with a list of possible answers and were asked to select all that applied to them. The top 5 meats for vegetarians to eat when drunk were:

1. Kebab meat – 39%

2. Beef Burgers – 34%

3. Bacon – 27%

4. Fried Chicken – 19%

5. Pork Sausages – 14%

Respondents were then asked to reveal how much they spent when eating meat when drunk. Researchers compiled the answers to reveal the average amount spent on meat by vegetarians when drunk as £4.80.

Finally, the vegetarians who admitted to eating meat when drunk were asked to reveal whether they told anyone that they did so. A majority of 69% said that they did not tell others that they ate meat, with only 31% stating that they did

This is why I am not a Vegetarian :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Nothing can take the place of a huge steak burrito when you are intoxicated and then the next day when you are hungover you want meat also.I dont think you can be a vegetarian and drink or at least I can't :D

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Humans are built to be meat and veggie/fruit eaters. No point in trying to deny our nature. What you thought those sharp pointy teeth are used to tear carrots? No those are for tearing meat up. To each their own I guess. If the shoe were on the other foot, I know animals would eat me so I eat them without regret. Chicken with BBQ sauce. Now that's a tasty meal. I know you vegans and vegetarians love meat. It's too good not to eat. Plenty of ways to prepare it and everything.

Seriously though, I'm just joking. Eat whatever you want. Meat, vegetables, and fruit are all delicious. If I could eat watermelon all the time, I would. Man watermelon is delicious.

Butterfly

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2015
Why is this news? People do stupid stuff when they are drunk and this research is literally pointless.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Over one third of vegetarians out of only 1,789 people eat meat when they're drunk. So basically less than 0.00001% of the total vegetarians in all the world admitted to that.

Reactions: Butterfly

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.