Solved Overwhelmed by malware (weevah2, nova.ramber.ru, trovi, etc)

katabolik

Thread author
Mar 23, 2017
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your help. My situation is as described above. Currently running Windows 10 64bit. Began noticing problems on Chrome where my homepage would look funny (additional search bar appearing, all my favorited webpages gone), then being re-directed to various websites with urls beginning with weevah2, trovi, nova.rambler.ru, and a few others. I knew immediately I had some issues with malware/viruses. I was currently running Avast at that time. Downloaded Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, AVG, and Zemana and followed their recommendations re: quarantining and deleting files. Still ongoing problems as described above.

I've attached FRST.txt, Addition.txt, and logs from the other scans.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    151.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Addition.txt
    47.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 2017.03.22-22.44.35-i0-t92-d4.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 3
  • malwarebytes 1.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 1
  • malwarebytes 2.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 2

katabolik

Thread author
Mar 23, 2017
haven't noticed any symptoms for a few days. decided to uninstall/reinstall chrome anyway. so far so good.

just wondering 1)why things would have just settled down seemingly without me doing anything, and 2) possibility of underlying/dormant malware still infecting my computer?

thanks!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.