Padvish Antivirus

Product name
Padvish Antivirus 2014 - Home Edition
Pros
  • A) Good interface in my own perspective view, simple and as possible straightforward.
    B) It includes Cloud feature which a useful for quick action response.
    C) Recognized on Action Center so it undergone lots of test by conducted organizations to obtain WMI source code to registered.
    D) Two processes detected on Task Manager which is fine at all.
    E) Small update size which upon I install the current/latest version it holds already the March 2015 database definition.
CONS
A) The Cloud does not help a lot in order to make an exact verdict of file reputation. (Poor on my two sets of test)
B) Default configuration assigned as Delete which not recommended when a legitimate flagged it, however very confusing where the file stored also in Quarantine.
C) Links zero day test: 5/15
D) Samples gathered @MalwareTips 1/10 + Infected with AlphaCrypted.
E) Needs to improve their engine part, in my view it uses in-house.
F) Weak in Adware and other nasty parts
BOTTOM LINE
Padvish AV 2014, a localized Iranian based where can be really useful in such common attacks like Autorun and Conficker attacks which present in Middle East based however zero days and older samples are easily bypass upon test.

I think it uses In house Engine where matching the signatures from Virustotal list are inconsistent.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Other information as follows:

TN6ncwQ.png

Installer size is about 100MB +

Detected EICAR in action to prove the realtime is working
t8ntMcR.png

Main Interface
JQBj6yt.png

Default settings which came from fresh installation
raawvu8.png

Resource usage:
Vf4pH7J.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Malware1 : No problem and here's the result:

u3gfjAS.png

Surprisingly the samples you send are undetected by scanning, however when I adjust the heuristics to High then everything came up with results which purely generic detections/heuristics.

LUjxWB9.png

Ran 10 samples and unfortunately very inefficient 0/12. (partial blocking is not helpful at all 3 detected as suspicious which means only the payload detected)

Overall result: 38 samples are left from its 77 collections that you've send to me. Its a buggy for this situation where signatures (reactive) didn't help much and proactive manage to stop most of them.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
I wanted to look at the detection names, not the detection rate. But thanks anyway for the test, good work :)

Reactions: jamescv7

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.