$12US ESET Home Security Essential license for me from stacksocial, supplemented by AppGuard.Considering adding a McAfee Total license again from stacksocial 
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
If you’re an OG of MalwareTips, you’d know I’ve been that user who has been using it since the old PC-Cillin days.Good choice! I love Trend Micro.
I really like Trend Micro—don’t get me wrong—but based on my own testing over the years and my familiarity with the product, it appears that detection quality may be slipping. I want Trend Micro to succeed, and it does have some genuinely unique strengths.
For example, during full system scans, the product remembers previously verified safe files and skips them in subsequent scans. This results in extremely fast full scans, a feature very few security products offer, and it’s a significant positive.
That said, my main concerns are the lack of meaningful GUI updates and the phishing and web protection, which no longer feel as strong as they once were.
Sounds like overkill to meNorton 360 with Malwarebytes Pro (yes, you can run them both at the same time if set up correctly), CyberLock (VoodooShield) and my favorite security program, Sandboxie.
Acadia
"Security is always excessive until it's not enough." - Robbie Sinclair, Country Energy, NSW AustraliaSounds like overkill to me![]()
You may not remember me, but I’ve known of you since around 2008. I remember McLovin, and yes—you’re truly an original, just like Jack and me. I followed your YouTube videos back then and still remember your accent and your strong appreciation for Trend Micro. I was also a member of Remove-Malware and a few other communities you were part of as well. Those were genuinely great times, and we were fortunate to have such good childhoods.If you’re an OG of MalwareTips, you’d know I’ve been that user who has been using it since the old PC-Cillin days.
Was very active back in the day in the MalwareHub section.
It’s like with all AV’s, they are changing the way they detect and the way it interacts (UI) with the user.
For a standard non tech user Trend works great, but if you’re more advanced (like most of us are, being on MalwareTips), you know how to avoid getting infected.
Those were best free and paid late 2025. Look below.Didn’t the bot create very similar thread and poll just a few months ago?
Oh I seeThose were best free and paid late 2025. Look below.![]()
Yes the bot did. That's version 2025. This is version 2026. HeheDidn’t the bot create very similar thread and poll just a few months ago?
On your list, I would go for Eset.Which one would you use on an Android phone (Samsung A56)?
Eset Mobile Security-uses about 250 MB of RAM
Bitdefender Mobile Security-uses about 500 MB of RAM,but sometimes 750-950 MB
McAfee LiveSafe-uses about 250 MB of RAM
My default browser is Chrome.I use NextDNS with filters inside:OISD,Hagezi Multi Pro.
Maybe because the Brand isn't mainstream. I only heard of it on your other post.trying Fortect, it's nice and is on sale. I didn't notice any reviews here at MWT
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes