Pale Moon 24.3.0
Changes and bugfixes:
Changes and bugfixes:
- New build: Atom-optimized Pale Moon
After some thorough testing, the Atom/netbook builds are being released as final. These builds are specifically made for PCs with Intel Atom processors. More information can be found on the Atom builds page.
- New feature: the title has been brought back to the title bar
When using the Application Menu (Pale Moon button), the title bar of the browser window would be blank. Considering this is wasted space, the page title will now be displayed in the title bar again (it's called a title bar for a reason, after all!). Several different styles have been implemented to cater to different OS version layouts.
- Removal of the services tab in the Add-on Manager
It will be visible only if someone actually has a service extension installed (similar to how language packs work)
- Improvement of UI consistency
Removal of illogical selective hiding of the navigation bar and toolbars when in tabs-on-top mode (Add-ons manager, permissions manager, etc.). Browser chrome will now never be hidden.
- Bugfix: When using the classic downloads window, downloads in private windows were not shown
If you use the classic downloads window and would open a Private Browsing (PB) window, there was no easy way to see which downloads were done in the PB window. When checking the downloads, it would open up the (non-PB) classic downloads window which does not have downloads listed from the PB session. This has been fixed, and PB windows will now open a new tab in the PB window with the downloads from that private session.
- Bugfix: Geolocation didn't work in Pale Moon
This was caused by the Firefox standard geolocation provider (Google Inc.) now requiring an API key to request geolocation coordinates. Only official Mozilla Firefox builds will have working geolocation from Google.
Pale Moon has switched provider to IP-API.com to address this issue, with the required re-write of code for the different type of request. More information on the forum.
- Bugfix: The "More information" link for blocked add-ons didn't work
- Bugfix: Certain scaled fonts would have malformed lettersOn Vista and later with hardware acceleration enabled, certain letters of some font families would become malformed and difficult to read because of a Direct2D scaling issue. These fonts should now render sharp and more legibly.
- Romanian has been added to the status bar localizations
- Bug 903274 - Have the search bar binding's initialization callback bail out if the binding is destroyed.
- Bug 951142 - Check for a close method to be present on the binding before invoking it.
- Bug 908915 - Fix compartment mismatch in shell decompileThis and disassemble functions.
- Bug 950909 - Forward native aggregation to the root XPCWrappedJS.
- Bug 937152 - Remove XPCWrappedJS::mMainThread and mMainThreadOnly.
- Bug 948134 - Fix "value is not defined" in PlacesDBUtils.jsm.
- Bug 822425 - Expose a few simple compartment assertions in jsfriendapi.
- Bug 932906 - Observer no longer called when using overlay
- Update of the NSS library to 3.15.4 RTM
- Bug 936808 - Serialize calls to PK11 routines in SSLServerCertVerification.
- Bug 945939 - Use the pre-split value when numbering values.
- Bug 911864 - Fix several XBL issues
- Bug 921470 - Remove hasFallbackStub_ check in resetMonitorStubChain.
- Bug 950590 - Use nsRefPtr for gfxFontGroup's reference to the user font set, and support changing it from canvas context.
- Bug 937697 - Simplify some BoundsCheckRange code.
- Bug 936056 - Be consistent about the thisobj we pass to getters.
- Bug 953114 - Fix GetElementIC typed array issue.
- Bug 937132 - SpiderMonkey: Check for overflows in LifoAlloc.
- Bug 932162 - Dispatch IndexedDB FileInfo releases to the main thread.
- Bug 951366 - Use AutoDetectInvalidation for disabled GetElement caches.
- Bug 950438 - IonMonkey: The intersection of two ranges that both contain NaN is not empty.
- Bug 950268 - Fix leak in nsCertTree::GetDispInfoAtIndex.
- Bug 932906 - Exempt Remote XUL from CanCreateWrapper checks.
- Bug 882933 - Copy treatAsRunOnce bit when cloning scripts, don't clone scripts unnecessarily for arrow lambdas.
- Bug 901348 - Duplicate symbol errors building --with-intl-api.
- Bug 925896 - Properly reference session data
- Bug 943803 - Use monitor instead of mutex locking for raster images
- Bug 942164 - Use weak references to imgRequest consumers
- Bug 947592 - Streamline ReportLoadError.