Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Pale Moon is a custom-built and optimized Firefox-based browser for Windows operating systems with current, high performance processors. It looks identical to the standard Firefox browser and supports Firefox extensions, themes and identities.

Features:
  • Highly optimized for modern processors
  • 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
  • Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
  • Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
  • Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
  • Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
  • Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4+)
  • Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
  • Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
  • Able to use existing Firefox bookmarks and settings with this migration tool

What's new in this version:

This is a rebuild of Pale Moon 12.3 to address some performance regression in the 32-bit version of Pale Moon 12.3. No functional changes have been implemented in this release, and updating the browser is completely optional, but recommended if you experience lesser performance in Pale Moon 12.3 than you are used to.This build should give overall smoother operation of the browser and better HTML5 video playback (WebM/Theora) than the original release.Note: once again, this is to address a regression that was only present in the 32-bit (x86) version of Pale Moon 12.3 and does not affect Pale Moon x64. Pale Moon 12.3r2 is an update for the 32-bit version only and completely optional if you are already on v12.3.

Download: Pale Moon 12.3 r2 | 12.7 MB (Freeware)
Download: Portable Pale Moon 12.3 r2 | 14.5 MB
Download: Pale Moon 12.3 x64 | 14.0 MB
View: Homepage

DCY012

Jan 19, 2012
Just installed it, and it's blazing fast and running smoothly as I expected. They just continue to top each version released. Mozilla really needs to take notes, JMO.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Never tried it, so I don't know how and what's it's like, but one thing I like about it is that there is a 64 bit version.

DCY012

Jan 19, 2012
^ Yeah that's the version I'm using, I'm been using it since 3.6 actually and they've always beat out FF and been steps ahead when it comes to improvements. And it's a shame too because FF has always been my favorite browser, I started using it first since 3.0 as my default, but due too such poor performance as time has went on (the repetitive freezing, crashing, etc.) I've always ended up switching back to Pale Moon and this time I haven't went back. It's been my default for months now, and is a whole lot smoother and faster and easier to deal with (only a few minor freezes every once in a while) as release comes out. So until FF can finally get it together (if ever) and even finally make a stable 64 bit version of the browser, I'll be sticking with Pale Moon as my default (unless a better browser comes along).

olefin

Level 1
Sep 9, 2012
Pale Moon 15.1-Released

Changes in Pale Moon 15.1:
Bugfixes:
* Restore Windows XP Professional x64 compatibility in the installer.
* Fix the mouse wheel smooth scrolling preferences in the preferences dialog box (did not work in v15.0)
* Prevent memory inflation on some integrated graphics drivers in canvas games
* Fix for private browsing mode (Firefox 15.0.1 top fix)
* Fix for Javascript stability issues on 32-bit versions
Regression fixes:
* Restore the favicon in the URL bar. (Behavior change: new logic)
* Fix for top level images with transparency (white background)
* Remove noise from top level image background
* Undo the redesign of the Safe Mode dialog box
* Restore Alt-Click save dialog box
* Restore proper identity panel for domain-verified sites (blue panel)
* Restore support for the browser.identity.ssl_domain_display setting
* Restore address bar autofill preference to its desired default state (no autofill)
Added features:
* Add control for a custom top level image background color
* Implement Direct2D brush caching (performance win)
* Implement multi-threaded box blur (performance win for multi-core systems)
* Add a Profile Reset feature (from Help -> Troubleshooting information)
* Build with a faster floating point method

Download Pale Moon 15.1

Download Pale Moon 15.1 x64

Download Pale Moon 15.1 Portable

Download Pale Moon 15.1 x64 Portable

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.