Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Thats weird as i scanned yesterday.
You're using Linux, right? That's probably why. I just realized that you might be probably using Palemoon for Linux. So, the detection from VT is out of place because I'm using Palemoon for Windows.

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
yes i have palemoon for linux .Signatures on linux version not the same as windows then.?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
yes i have palemoon for linux .Signatures on linux version not the same as windows then.?
The file is different. So, detection might be different.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Amiga500. I am in agreement with our fellow members' positive Pale Moon comments. Of the x64 browsers available, I've used Chrome, Cyberfox, & Pale Moon for Windows. Along with their reliable updates and development, I've found Pale Moon to edge out it's Firefox half sibling in performance & reliability. The main difficulty I'd stumbled upon was compatibility with certain extensions. This was remedied specifically with forks developed for Adblock Plus (Adblock Latitude) & HTTPS Everywhere (Encrypted Web).

As I've read, & come up to speed, I have not tried Pale Moon for linux (yet).
Somewhat off topic, and speaking of linux, I have installed the Chromium sourced Slimjet for lubuntu. Even though I am aware of a newer version Slimjet being available, I've chosen instead to update/or remove browsers through Synaptic Package Manager thus using repositories which I've found more consistent with less second guessing.

Back on topic, I hope Pale Moon works well for you within linux!:)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I'd slept on this after considering what's generally of greatest concern between Windows & linux distros. As you'll probably already know, Windows is susceptible to a larger number of malware, infections, as well as being targeted more overall because of the sheer numbers of Windows systems which no longer receive security patches we have all used and continue to (ahem):rolleyes: power up from time to time.:oops: That said, I've come to understand that it is a good idea to use some type of Av/Antimalware for linux because the greater risk is that Windows infections which would not affect your linux distro could be transferred inadvertently to a host Windows system.
@Amiga500, my hope is that you'll find an answer to your uncertainty over Pale Moon for linux. Within the last few days I have downloaded Pale Moon for Android myself. It is still too soon to give an accounting of how it may ultimately perform, but I've a feeling whether we are using Pale Moon for Android or linux, we are definitely not in Kansas (using Windows) anymore!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.