Panda Cloud Antivirus version 2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestr001

Level 2
Thread author
Jul 22, 2012
We are happy to announce the availability of Panda Cloud Antivirus version 2.2 in Panda Cloud Antivirus website!

If you are reading this post after seeing a “Panda Cloud Antivirus has upgraded automatically!” message on your Desktop traybar, then you already have the latest version installed and running, and you don’t have to do anything else. If your version of Panda Cloud Antivirus hasn’t upgraded yet to version 2.1.1, don’t worry. As we are releasing the automatic, transparent upgrade little by little, your copy of Panda Cloud Antivirus will upgrade itself automatically in a few days.

This version is, more than ever, focused on our Community, as it includes the features that you are demanding through Panda Cloud Antivirus Community Portal, and a new area designed especially for our most advanced users!

Panda Cloud Antivirus 2.2 includes a new Community Labs Area. We will make available to our millions of community users many new features, FREE of charge while they are in experimental stage. Please, have a look and let us know all your suggestions. Just turn around the product console and start experiencing it!

READMORE.......

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Data Shield protects against your files from being encrypted:
"In case a new malware can surpass all protection layers and infiltrate into your PC, Data Shield will avoid any theft or encryption of the important thing: your personal data. We are so sure about the importance of this protection, that we are releasing it enabled by default."

How does this work? Protected against .crypt Ransomware?

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
It just failed against a FBI ransomware sample for which it didn't have a definition.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
In testing malware detection, I have seen Panda many times behave very dangerously after a reboot: it "considered safe" and restored samples that had been neutralized before. These samples, rescanned, produced detection and were neutralized again. I'm not sure if they would be detected when run, but still very dangerous.

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Jaspion said:
In testing malware detection, I have seen Panda many times behave very dangerously after a reboot: it "considered safe" and restored samples that had been neutralized before. These samples, rescanned, produced detection and were neutralized again. I'm not sure if they would be detected when run, but still very dangerous.
It's interesting this observation that you noted. I recently started using this latest release, and I really like this little AV a lot. What I've been experiencing is that everything I add to its exclusions list gets dropped after a restart. And you noted that anything quarantined is suddenly back on the loose after a restart. Coincidence?

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Anyone using Panda and experiencing the exclusions issue here is what Panda support has to say:
Hi to all,

sorry for the inconvenience, I have confirmed that this problem will be solved with the new version 2.3.
This new version will be available this week, but we haven't a final date.

I will inform you here when this version will be available.

Regards
Txerra

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.