Status
Not open for further replies.

lordman

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 18, 2013
http://blog.cloudantivirus.com/2013/10/29/new-panda-cloud-antivirus-2-3-100-protection/

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
RE: Panda Cloud Antivirus versión 2.3

We are happy to announce the availability of Panda Cloud Antivirus version 2.3!

If you are reading this post after seeing a “Panda Cloud Antivirus has upgraded automatically!” message in your system tray, then you already have the latest version installed and running, and you don’t have to do anything else. If your version of Panda Cloud Antivirus hasn’t upgraded to version 2.3 yet, don’t worry: your copy of Panda Cloud Antivirus will upgrade itself automatically in a few days.

Version 2.3 is a maintenance upgrade from version 2.2. This new version includes important performance improvements (on-demand scans and permanent protection), adds some changes to better integrate with Windows 8.1, includes a new version of Panda Security Toolbar and fixes some bugs reported by the user community:

Fixed console crashes that could appear under certain conditions.
Fixed problems detected on some PCs during product upgrade.
Fixed some linguistic errors.
For a better user experience, Data Shield Protection now allows access to secure applications by default.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011

Petrovic said:
We are happy to announce the availability of Panda Cloud Antivirus version 2.3!

If you are reading this post after seeing a “Panda Cloud Antivirus has upgraded automatically!” message in your system tray, then you already have the latest version installed and running, and you don’t have to do anything else. If your version of Panda Cloud Antivirus hasn’t upgraded to version 2.3 yet, don’t worry: your copy of Panda Cloud Antivirus will upgrade itself automatically in a few days.

Hehe! Future will tell!
If it updates that is, I still have a couple of systems running 2.1 of PCAV that do NOT update.
Same goes with some other later releases, on different locations I might add.
This was my choice of free AV for clients that are unable to update by them self, but I am very disappointed, only 2 in 10 auto updates as they should.
In my little crowd of users that is.
In 2 cases the keys of the Pro version stopped working after I had to manually install the new version on top of the old one.

Just my 2 cents on the subject...

/W

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013

Update function doesn't sound very good, does it? And I notice there is no option in the UI to manually update the program either.

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011

"Update function doesn't sound very good, does it? And I notice there is no option in the UI to manually update the program either."

Yes, a button in the GUI were you can check for updates to the program, (not virus db) have been asked for so many times I lost count in different forums.
But since Pbust left the scene PCAV have gone downhill....

/W

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
woodrowbone said:
"Update function doesn't sound very good, does it? And I notice there is no option in the UI to manually update the program either."

Yes, a button in the GUI were you can check for updates to the program, (not virus db) have been asked for so many times I lost count in different forums.
But since Pbust left the scene PCAV have gone downhill....

/W
Well I just started using Panda a couple weeks ago. Only problem I had was that it would lose my exclusions on restarts in Win7. They got that resolved with this release. I downloaded and installed over 2.2. It 1st removed 2.2 but did not retain the activity logs, which was a bit disappointing. Other than that I can't really complain, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.