Battle Panda Cloud, Avira Free, Windows Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

RmG152

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Hi all, I want to change 360IS for another free product because 360 give me too much FP.

I don't like Avast, and i want to now the better option between the 3 products in the title.

All on Windows 8.1

Free solutions discarted:
360IS & 360 TS: to much FP.
Comodo: slowdown my computer on w8.1, i don't know why, because works great on w7.
Avast!: i dont like it.
AVG: i don't trust it.
Immunet: i like it as companion, not as main AV.

Reactions: nissimezra
S

starchild76

why don't you trust AVG? it has come a long way and it is a great choice also : good detection and fairly light on sytstem recources. definately something too look into. the guys from the devellopment team are doing their upmost best to keep on improving AVG and there are some more major improvements on their way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yigido

Avira Free Antivirus is the best free option, right now. It is just my humble opinion.
Good privacy policy than other free ones. Outstanding heuristic detection on even new threats.
Very low system source usage, There is no tricky pop-ups that directs you to their paid versions.
One of the other good thing is great pup detections. PUPs are very dangerous in this age.
Avira Free is in my USB stick everytime, if someone ask me an AV to install their computer, I installed Avira for them.
Good and slient protection for your recruit frineds :)
If you want to try, please use the offline installer.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Avira Free Antivirus is the best free option, right now. It is just my humble opinion.
Good privacy policy than other free ones. Outstanding heuristic detection on even new threats.
Very low system source usage, There is no tricky pop-ups that directs you to their paid versions.
One of the other good thing is great pup detections. PUPs are very dangerous in this age.
Avira Free is in my USB stick everytime, if someone ask me an AV to install their computer, I installed Avira for them.
Good and slient protection for your recruit frineds :)
his best option is qihoo non of the above will protect him as qihoo, the price FP's but avira has to

Y

yigido

his best option is qihoo non of the above will protect him as qihoo, the price FP's but avira has to
Qihoo is good but not the best. Detecting good files as bad, not the good idea fro home-users.
I do not know how he uses his machine with internet but we are not swimming into bad files. We have many good files but Qihoo detects them, it made me crazy in the past. Every new exe detected by Qihoo, I do not like it.
Only deficient side of Avira is BB or HIPS.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Qihoo is good but not the best. Detecting good files as bad, not the good idea fro home-users.
I do not know how he uses his machine with internet but we are not swimming into bad files. We have many good files but Qihoo detects them, it made me crazy in the past. Every new exe detected by Qihoo, I do not like it.
Only deficient side of Avira is BB or HIPS.
yeh i'm getting tired from qihoo to, but in my opinion it's the best free option. all the other have FP'S if you dont like it use WD MSE zero FP'S 35% detection. I havn't found yet any AV that protect the startup folder thats why qihoo on my favorites.

S

Smith83

why don't you trust AVG? it has come a long way and it is a great choice also : good detection and fairly light on sytstem recources. definately something too look into. the guys from the devellopment team are doing their upmost best to keep on improving AVG and there are some more major improvements on their way.

I help out on a lot of forums, AVG is difficult to remove and I have seen it on I am not sure how many occasions kill an internet connection. AVG Pc tune up I have seen it destroy 50 plus machines beyond booting/repair....

AVG = Aint Very Good.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Hi all, I want to change 360IS for another free product because 360 give me too much FP.

I don't like Avast, and i want to now the better option between the 3 products in the title.

All on Windows 8.1

Free solutions discarted:
360IS & 360 TS: to much FP.
Comodo: slowdown my computer on w8.1, i don't know why, because works great on w7.
Avast!: i dont like it.
AVG: i don't trust it.
Immunet: i like it as companion, not as main AV.
Check out all our members tests on the Malware Hub threads here on this website. You'll see all three of those AVs tested there but MSE has the fewest members doing tests. All three will keep you safe if you aren't a click happy type.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
They could start by making a better UI. The one they have now is poorly designed and is making me turn away from it all together. I tried to use AVG a month ago and it completely made my computer crash, It's detection isn't that good if you ask me. The so-called interface makes me uninstall it right away, I don't like nothing about AVG anymore. If they made it "usable" I would actually try and use it for a good amount of time and then giving my honest opinion about it, but for now I don't like it period.

Even if the detection is decent I would never use it with such a horrible interface.

Interface is everything to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.