Battle Panda Cloud, Avira Free, Windows Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

RmG152

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Hi all, I want to change 360IS for another free product because 360 give me too much FP.

I don't like Avast, and i want to now the better option between the 3 products in the title.

All on Windows 8.1

Free solutions discarted:
360IS & 360 TS: to much FP.
Comodo: slowdown my computer on w8.1, i don't know why, because works great on w7.
Avast!: i dont like it.
AVG: i don't trust it.
Immunet: i like it as companion, not as main AV.

Reactions: nissimezra

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
from long term experience, Avast was and still is one of the best free anti virus on the market today and yesterday. as for tomorrow who knows. you have no other solid free option. yep qihoo is better but still new to say for the long term.
I'm not Avast user.

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Panda free antivirus 2015 is a much better choice than handicapped Avira Free which lacks web scanning. Paid version, Avira Pro 2015 is a solid performer though. Avoid free version at any cost.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
When it comes to worms, Avira performs better by stopping these malwares based on heuristics which Panda can't even detect.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Panda free antivirus 2015 is a much better choice than handicapped Avira Free which lacks web scanning. Paid version, Avira Pro 2015 is a solid performer though. Avoid free version at any cost.

When it comes to worms, Avira performs better by stopping these malwares based on heuristics which Panda can't even detect.
after testing both I would avoid both.

Reactions: Kuttz
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.