Battle Panda Free 2016 vs 360 Total Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExploitBlocker10

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 4, 2015
I am deciding bewtween Panda Free 2016 and 360 Total Security. I know 360 has really good protections but have also heard that they tend to quarantine Windows system files. I do not know much about Panda except that it is heavily reliant on cloud, which is fine and they do decent in independent testing. I would like your opinion on which one you think is better for a reliable, effective, and light antivirus experience.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Qihoo has one of the best detection, the downside is a lot of false positive, if you use all the engines in real time it will use a lot of memory.

About Panda Cloud, well, it's a decent product.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems 360 TS contains backup engines and numerous features then you should satisfy for your needs. Meanwhile Panda Free 2016 may have fine tune cloud but those offline signatures are pretty inadequate.

H

hjlbx

Use 360 TS Essentials... you don't need the Speed Up or Optimize option. Speed Up can cause problems on your system. It boinked mine during testing.

You need enough RAM if you are going to use Avira & Bitdefender signatures... which you should use them otherwise you are not fully protected.

L

LabZero

Qihoo 360 uses multiple scan engines and this increases capabilities of malware recognition but at the same time increasing false positives.
Panda is a small client and perform almost all the job in the cloud, then it is light on your system.
Panda sometimes also detects FP.

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Hello friends i install 360 to me and two friends more,state with 3 months and all we ended up with virus on the PC to my 360 it seems to me a antivirus bad.
If you install Qihoo 360 with default settings then there is no offline protection, you need to enable Avira or Bitdefender engine or use a companion AV for offline protection.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Hello friends i install 360 to me and two friends more,state with 3 months and all we ended up with virus on the PC to my 360 it seems to me a antivirus bad.

Not try to be offending, but are you using Google Translator? Because your sentence structure and grammar are terrible. I do understand not everyone in this forum are " born in U.S" or " English is my native language" but at least have a good grammar and a sentence structure can makes your life and everyone else life easier when they are reading your post.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@vindiesel : Few of antivirus focus much on cure capabilities in heavy infection than prevention which why failure meets no matter it contains in-house or muti engines.

Do not install an AV in a unclean state.

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Not try to be offending, but are you using Google Translator? Because your sentence structure and grammar are terrible. I do understand not everyone in this forum are " born in U.S" or " English is my native language" but at least have a good grammar and a sentence structure can makes your life and everyone else life easier when they are reading your post.
And that is a friend translator used, that's why my bad English.

This is the translator used:¡Mira la imagen del día en SpanishDict!

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
If you install Qihoo 360 with default settings then there is no offline protection, you need to enable Avira or Bitdefender engine or use a companion AV for offline protection.
Installed with Avira and Bidefender and infected the Pc,for my bad.This is my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.