Not open for further replies.

Thirio

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
Panzor

Just found this new antivirus listed on VirusBulletin called "Panzor CloudAntivirus" which took 2nd place in it's first month of testing. They offer a 1 month free trial if you register with them. Anyone bored and want to test this?
Best-in-class continuous, holistic detection and protection against the highest percentage of known and unknown viruses, ransomware, and internet threats with maximum accuracy. Seamless cyber protection utilizing the power of cloud technology. Panzor analyzes hundreds of millions of potentially harmful malwares and malicious websites every day by leveraging the enormous computing power of the cloud. Scalable power of cloud technology enables use of Big Data, Machine Learning, and Predictive Science empowering Panzor to combat modern cyber threats while protecting information, networks, and infrastructure. Continuous protection against threats in real-time. Best-in-class continuous detection and protection against the highest percentage of known and unknown viruses and other cyber threats without false-positives. Protection against extortion of your computers and network. Best-in-class continuous detection and protection against the most vicious ransomware attacks, including previously unknown (zero-day) ransomware. Best-in-class continuous detection and protection against malicious websites and links, as well as phishing attacks.
Download Link

panzorsite.pngpanzorRAP.png

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Never heard of it but it would be interesting to test it.
I don't like "contact us for the price" on the website, I see that it is modular, you can choose what you want, but at least an average indication of what the price is, would be helpful.

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
I´m actually conducting some tests and will share my results with you. According to the description on the web site it might be another artificial intelligence driven endpoint protection solution but it seems they´re also using signatures. At least the malware description/names are either from an threat intelligence source or they´re utilizing a well-known engine from another vendor.

Nevertheless, if someone has a contact e-mail address please let me know. I dropped a message via contact form but I´m not sure if they received it.

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
The new sellers of this brand are dreaming mounted above of the cloud, they have just come to light and they are already presuming to be a prestigious company that can charge for selling a software that needs to be approved through an exhaustive test of brittle defenses and many positive/negative criticisms. i don't think they get so far, not even the best known veteran security technologies are currently working, as they are violated by many unknown scripts and exploits.

Thirio

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
Their claims on the website did seem a bit too good to be true however I think they deserve a chance to prove themselves. Also the reason they could be doing well right now (on VB100 testing) is because they are relatively unknown to the other companies. Malware coders probably don't know about this software yet to try and bypass it, so in the beginning Panzor might do really well rather than later on. Example: 360 total security used to be a top product, these days its getting bypassed all the time.
I´m actually conducting some tests and will share my results with you.
Looking forward to it! I initially thought this software would turn out to be another "PC Matic" or Bitdefender clone. But if they are offering their own solution then i'm interested to see what it can do.

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
I stopped all tests in the meantime for the following reasons:
  • Actually, it looks at least for me that Panzor CloudAntivirus is utilizing one or two engines from other vendors. According to the naming scheme I suppose that this are Avira and F-Secure. To be honest I am a fanboy of AI based/machine learning endpoint protection solutions and due to their claims on the website I assumed that Panzor CloudAntivirus is at least partially AI based but I haven´t seen any signs of AI in action yet.
  • I sent several messages last week via their contact form but didn´t receive a reply until now. I don´t know if they need weeks or so to reply but it doesn't leave a good impression in my opinion. It´s also a little strange that you have to ask for product prices - why can´t they publish it on their site?
I can safely say that Symantec SEPC delivers significantly better results, especially with regard to the detection of script-based or file-less attacks.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I stopped all tests in the meantime for the following reasons
  • I sent several messages last week via their contact form but didn´t receive a reply until now. I don´t know if they need weeks or so to reply but it doesn't leave a good impression in my opinion. It´s also a little strange that you have to ask for product prices - why can´t they publish it on their site?
Me too, i couldn't test it anyway as i don't have the skills but i still wanted to know what the pricing structure was just out of curiosity .......... i got the same response as you which is nothing and like you, that doesn't sit too well with me, if they can't answer an email then what do you do if you need support ?

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Interesting modular system but who would opt out of Ransomware though, oh I don’t need that? If they can't be upfront regarding their pricing I can't be bothered to mail them either.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
At the bottom of their main webpage one can see the pricing-

59.99USD
1 year
1 device

or 29.99USD for Panzor without Ransomware Protection, Web Protection, or Central Management.

For a new Ukrainian AV, the protection against known malware is surprisingly good, but understand Panzor is also surprisingly sluggish.

And Mike- if you think SEP is good against Scripts, you haven't been testing it against the right Scripts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65228

I sent several messages last week via their contact form but didn´t receive a reply until now. I don´t know if they need weeks or so to reply but it doesn't leave a good impression in my opinion.
In my opinion... customer support is critical. They have not bothered to even give you the time of day, therefore why should you give them the time of day? Respect is a two-way thing, otherwise it is broken and/or faked.

The pentagon, batman or Buzz Lightyear could have developed their security solutions for all I care. They still ignored your queries and failed to prioritize customer support as something which should be of their interest and importance; this provides insight into a weakness of Panzor... management.

My thoughts is that regardless of how good a creation is, if the customer support is atrocious, its a definite no. I believe that customer support is one of the most important aspects of any company which is providing goods to home-user/business consumers.

[This post is 100% based on personal views, and only personal views].

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Bribon- If memory serves, it took up about 250mb on my system and not 450. Still rather heavy, but certainly not a half gig (and why on Earth would anyone use a traditional AV anyway?) This product does claim to have AI- but although Artificial Intelligence is a sexy catchphrase lately, no one seems to question what the Robot's IQ actually is...

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Bribon- If memory serves, it took up about 250mb on my system and not 450. Still rather heavy, but certainly not a half gig (and why on Earth would anyone use a traditional AV anyway?) This product does claim to have AI- but although Artificial Intelligence is a sexy catchphrase lately, no one seems to question what the Robot's IQ actually is...

It took 450 ram on mine for awhile different systems do different things

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
At the bottom of their main webpage one can see the pricing-

59.99USD
1 year
1 device

or 29.99USD for Panzor without Ransomware Protection, Web Protection, or Central Management.
Interesting, this is new.

And Mike- if you think SEP is good against Scripts, you haven't been testing it against the right Scripts.

@cruelsister: Might be and I didn´t say that Symantec catched all. Surprisingly, for instance it didn´t detect and block a Vega stealer sample. I think we agree that AV evasion is and always will be possible. It's all a question of an attacker's resourcefulness and criminal energy. What scripts are you talking about? LOLBAS? If you have script samples I don´t know I am very interested in because in my daily job as a Senior Security Analyst I always want to be up to date. :)

I have a framework I test AV apps against which consist of the usual suspects like Unicorn, Koadic etc. In a direct comparison Symantec blocked almost all my samples (scripts, binaries and weaponized documents) while Panzor missed several ones.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Mike- regarding SEP, one not need to listen to anything that I write, but instead review the Target an Home Depot beaches. And for giggles, check out the Symantec forum: a person will write 'We were infected by malware a yesterday"; the response from Symantec is invariably that "We added malware A to Today's database".

Doesn't get any better than that!

But for Panzor- for a new AV, it does not suck.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
They will need to show me that it performs consistently well in multiple tests then we'll talk.

Reactions: [correlate]

Hoje Ju

Jul 6, 2018
I spoke to a Panzor person and they stated they are 100% US company based in Colorado (not Ukrainian) and their response to my inquiry was real-time responsive. However, they seem to want larger institutional customers and not a 5 endpoint user like me. FYI, I think they finished #1 in most recent VB, not #2. I would have liked to test it and the search goes on ...

Reactions: [correlate]
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.