Security News Parents Can End Up Installing RATs Instead Of Legitimate Parental Control Software

nclr11111

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
What I will wrote depend a lot from the age of concerned kids.
You can't put at equality government and family, children and adults : not the same conscience of things, bad / good behavior. Your kids are under your responsibility. And you can't compare all children : each child is completely different from another. Stop thinking adults and kids have the same degree of analysis from situations, degree of conscience, experience, or that "well educated" kids will do all what they parents asked them. A control parental is not a "spying to spy". But a protection to avoid very bad situation for our kids. blocking some word from search, etc...,
Example : avoid bad situations from social network with bad guys the other side...

Hmm. I´m not good enough in English to make a good response w/o risking to be misinterpreted and Google translate are not the best source at all times...
I´m just glad the world is full of different opinions! It would be boring otherwise.... :)

L

LabZero

Absolutely not acceptable.
Keep in mind that DarkComet for example, can be used as a remote administration console in legit mode but it is inconceivable to monitor the kids with this kind of tools.
Anyway RAT is one of the worst existing malware with advanced potential.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Hmm. I´m not good enough in English to make a good response w/o risking to be misinterpreted and Google translate are not the best source at all times...
I´m just glad the world is full of different opinions! It would be boring otherwise.... :)
I must remind I voted No.
I'm just talking in the other posts about "control parental", and the facts that kids are "kids", an need to be protected, even from themselves, from internet, and that "be well educated" etc...." is not sufficient until a certain age.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Honestly those parents must be proper engage in a seminar or to inform about downloading those parental control software.

A typical idea is all about monitoring which clueless what things must be allow or deny.

-----------

However the best way for such parental control is not to use the computer for children unless necessary.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.