Advice Request Password Manager Poll

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which Password manager do you use?(Poll)

• Bitwarden

• LastPass

• Dashlane

• Firefox Lockwise

• 1Password

• Roboform

• Norton Password Manager

• Kaspersky Password Manager

• Bitdefender Wallet

• Avast Passwords

Results are only viewable after voting.

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
What's wrong with LastPass in your idea?
Lastpass is basically dead with their new policy of restricting you to Desktop OR Mobile, but not both (unless you pay). There's better free options out there (Bitwarden, Microsoft) and there are MUCH better paid options (1Password, Keeper, etc). It has no place in the market anymore. People stuck with their shitty, buggy software because they offered a lot for free.

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Lastpass is basically dead with their new policy of restricting you to Desktop OR Mobile, but not both (unless you pay). There's better free options out there (Bitwarden, Microsoft) and there are MUCH better paid options (1Password, Keeper, etc). It has no place in the market anymore. People stuck with their shitty, buggy software because they offered a lot for free.
I don't / wouldn't use a password manager on a mobile device that could be mislaid so Lastpass' free usage restriction on device type doesn't really worry me. Lastpass is easy to use and does the job I want it do.. I've not experienced any 'bugs' so can't say I share your view that Lastpass is 'shitty, buggy software' :). In contrast I found Bitwarden very hit and miss when it came to prompting to save new login information and entering login details for sites I had saved which sort of makes it pretty useless as a password manager in my view.

Last edited:

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
I don't / wouldn't use a password manager on a mobile device that could be mislaid
Biometric login to the phone, biometric login to the app itself. Not sure why this is an issue. Do you work in a field where people are actively trying to steal your device to access company info? Hell, you could also say the same thing about a laptop.

As for Lastpass being buggy, this isn't a bold new statement. I'm glad you've had good experiences, but it's like saying "I haven't been hit by a car, so people getting hit by a car isn't a real thing". I was a lastpass user for many years (and a paying user for most of those years), and when they finally forced me off with their new "one type of device" policy, it was like a breath of fresh air with almost every other password manager I tested out.

Reactions: Nevi

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Biometric login to the phone, biometric login to the app itself. Not sure why this is an issue. Do you work in a field where people are actively trying to steal your device to access company info? Hell, you could also say the same thing about a laptop.
Fair point although increasingly muggers / criminals are forcing victims to unlock their phones..

Reactions: amirr and Nevi

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
I'm am testing Keeper, I probably will buy a licence on Black Friday. It's not a cheap solution but it is excellent :

1637445346907.png

printing

Level 1
Nov 14, 2020
I don't / wouldn't use a password manager on a mobile device that could be mislaid so Lastpass' free usage restriction on device type doesn't really worry me. Lastpass is easy to use and does the job I want it do.. I've not experienced any 'bugs' so can't say I share your view that Lastpass is 'shitty, buggy software' :). In contrast I found Bitwarden very hit and miss when it came to prompting to save new login information and entering login details for sites I had saved which sort of makes it pretty useless as a password manager in my view.
i have used both and agreed with you that Lastpass was more usable.
It was a pity that Lastpass costs alot more now. Bitwarden charges subscription $10 /yr.

Last edited:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I totally agree. After trying hard 1Password and Bitwarden, I finally moved to lastpass.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.