Patch Tuesday Is Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Another Patch Tuesday has arrived for Win7 users. Just more endless updates for problems they can't seem to get right in the first place. MRT is one that has never ever detected anything on my PC. Do I really need another endless round of Net Framework shoved down my computers mouth again.? Do I even need Net Framework.? I only surf the net & not much else. Any advice is most Welcome. Thanks! Marg

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Another Patch Tuesday has arrived for Win7 users. Just more endless updates for problems they can't seem to get right in the first place. MRT is one that has never ever detected anything on my PC. Do I really need another endless round of Net Framework shoved down my computers mouth again.? Do I even need Net Framework.? I only surf the net & not much else. Any advice is most Welcome. Thanks! Marg
*Laughing* as this reminds me of the dread I used to feel when I was a boy,:oops: and :eek:report cards were due!:p

Somewhere, along the lines of being required for something I can't quite remember.., Net Framework infiltrated our system.o_O I look upon this, now, with the quiet reserve of death and taxes.:rolleyes: I pay what I must, and (for the present) I'm still alive.:D
Maybe we can all look on it with a positive slant, like my delicious coffee that's now cooling *gulp* ..ahhh!:):)

..think I'll enter a Free Giveaway!

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
*Laughing* as this reminds me of the dread I used to feel when I was a boy,:oops: and :eek:report cards were due!:p

Somewhere, along the lines of being required for something I can't quite remember.., Net Framework infiltrated our system.o_O I look upon this, now, with the quiet reserve of death and taxes.:rolleyes: I pay what I must, and (for the present) I'm still alive.:D
Maybe we can all look on it with a positive slant, like my delicious coffee that's now cooling *gulp* ..ahhh!:):)

..think I'll enter a Free Giveaway!
A good idea Cats i might also enter a free giveaway and just run with the updates, sounds much easier. ;):D:D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
A good idea Cats i might also enter a free giveaway and just run with the updates, sounds much easier. ;):D:D
It looks as though Windows updates (along with entering the free giveaway) may have to wait because (1) Windows system is tied up while the (2nd) is turned off, serving as a base for the other lap top. This linux system I'm typing from, for some reason, no longer has functionality with it's LastPass extension, ...and so (now) I'm kind of like @ElectricSheep's loop of Data w/the Blue Screen (..that always cracks me up!:D) lol!;):p
Now I have to leave *hot coffee cup in hand*!:rolleyes: :):)

Reactions: ElectricSheep

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Verified
May 11, 2015
I'm sure in another two days we'll get an update to fix and update, it's happened the last two patch days. The .NET stuff, a lot of programs use it now so you probably just have to get used to dealing with the darn thing.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
I'm sure in another two days we'll get an update to fix and update, it's happened the last two patch days. The .NET stuff, a lot of programs use it now so you probably just have to get used to dealing with the darn thing.
You're not wrong there!! Got stuck hanging around for 20 minutes as it did 'further' updates after a restart:mad::mad:

comfortablynumb15

Level 7
Verified
May 11, 2015
I absolutely hate that. Just remove the offending update and replace it with the fix, jeez Microsoft. By the way, love the GIF :D Poor Data, that's the last place you want to see a BSOD!

Reactions: ElectricSheep

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
.NET Framework is primarily for the support of the program to run under that based environment and as long its in the important updates then that should not be the problem; maintenance isn't bad ;)

You can always clear the windows update cache package by right click the Local Disk C then Disk Cleaner.

Its all your decision to update them or not; you're still protected at any cases. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.