paulderdash primary laptop security config

paulderdash

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
As far as I am aware :) , these softs are playing nicely together. Only one small issue is that WSA blocks keystroke encryption indicator in HMPA 3.1, though encryption still works according HMPA dev.
On my secondary Win 7 Sp1 Pro 64-bit laptop, I am playing with Emsisoft Internet Security, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and VoodooShield (all paid).

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Looks good to me. ;)

Thanks for sharing. :)

Keep the backups up to date. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Sr. Normal
D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

if you use EAM + WSA , remove one between ERP and Appguard. You have 2 BBs and 2 anti-exec...so 4 apps doing the same thing... way too much.

paulderdash

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I agree it is OTT but I have not experienced any problems (yet) after configuring these.
Historically I had WSA first, then tried EAM alongside after Fabian Wosar at Emsisoft confirmed 'they should work in parallel just fine'.
I think I would be inclined to drop WSA before EAM (as I have had some WRData folder size problems due to excessive monitoring - even when I ran WSA standalone), but on the other hand would like to retain WSA for it's Identity Shield which is recommended by my bank.
Re the two anti-execs, I think they have different approaches, AG being more policy-based, and ERP more a traditional whitelist approach.
I like to play! And nothing is cast in stone!

S

Sr. Normal

I have EAM with Webroot ;) and Crystal Security, (well and WinPatrol, Malwarebytes Antiexploit :rolleyes:) and i feel mine your philosophy: I like to play! And nothing is cast in stone! :D:D

Reactions: frogboy

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
if you use EAM + WSA , remove one between ERP and Appguard. You have 2 BBs and 2 anti-exec...so 4 apps doing the same thing... way too much.
A good suggestion to follow!
Nice Config! Thanks for sharing it :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well by understanding the overall reply from the OP, hence its fine for an advance user ;)

Typically they have different concept in the same category even though we suggest the optimum configuration at all still not an issue. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.