tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Very good and strong config.
I have one suggestion add a password manager like LastPass or KeePass to secure passwords when you are online.
Thanks for sharing.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Paulomiguel409, I like most everything about your configuration. The scanners (some even premium) and software are all very comforting and familiar. Thank you for sharing your configuration with us, and happy January first!!:):)

I agree with @tonibalas ' suggestions of LastPass, and find it to be among my personal favorite security/privacy features! One can download their universal app. directly from the developer,
..although you will be re-routed to the Chrome Store for the non-binary Chrome extension. In most situations, downloading from the developer is always the safer most direct method.;)

I have recently installed Opera browser after finding it to be a pleasing alternative to Chrome,
You may have the option of downloading the browser extension directly from LastPass, though I've not tried it for Opera yet.

For fans of Google Chrome, I embrace activating their third party cookie blocker by
  1. ..going to settings in order to >> click on Show advanced settings.
  2. Under >> Privacy, mark "Block third party cookies..". You may also mark "Keep content information only until end of session
  • Browsing in "Incognito" additionally deletes cookies at end of session.
These also apply to Opera which shares the popular Chrominum engine & Blink rendering.

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Looks good just follow my fellow members suggestions and all will be well. ;) Plus some backup software such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have free versions. Cheers. :)

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Maybe you are right man...ty...But I feel more confortable/secure with all these software..I dont think Avast only is enought nowdays ;)
Any AV and two eyes are enough. i think one second opinion scanner is enough.
most of the t3d party app are for making money that's why when using a product its a good idea to use a product that has a good reputation.
happy new year

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks good! Consider a backup solution if you havent already & a good password manager such as LastPass

Reactions: Sr. Normal

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Everything is good just provide a backup software which been mentioned by other members. ;)

Reactions: Sr. Normal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.