Troubleshoot PC becomes snail

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
Few month ego setup a new pc as my budget . but few days later it frequent hangup, freeze and unusable till restart.

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955
Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0 (Socket M2)
Graphics
HP LE2002x (1600x900@60Hz)
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 210 (ZOTAC International)

others:
kaspersky Internet security 2017
Zamana Antimalware (pro)
Sandboxie

Browser:
Chrome, Mozila

When log in Facebook PC becomes snail. Or Cant able to run more than two application side by side, Memory consumption are always too high.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
should I install Windows 10 pro?
Your problem is very specific: facebook when accessed on chrome. You should focus on that problem, rather than nuking your whole OS.
Does chrome work well without facebook, and does facebook works well without chrome?

Reactions: brambedkar59
Upvote 0

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
If Facebook is making problems, go to Facebook -> Settings -> Videos -> Set Auto-Play Videos to Off. This should reduce Facebook's RAM usage.
After login FB with in few seconds Browser is unusable and crashed few mint later. same things happened in Mozila and Opera also. I don't know why it was happened. it may be occurred due to kaspersky. That's the only reason I used only mobile for FB log in.

Upvote 0

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
After login FB with in few seconds Browser is unusable and crashed few mint later. same things happened in Mozila and Opera also. I don't know why it was happened. it may be occurred due to kaspersky. That's the only reason I used only mobile for FB log in.
Try disabling antivirus, if you didn't already, and then try to load page. What happens when you try to load m.facebook.com?

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
if you are using kaspersky, try to disable the extension in your browser. Also disable anti-banner if you have it enabled. It caused problem with facebook for me in the past

add this rule to your adblocker:
Code:
facebook.com###leftCol div.rfloat

Upvote 0

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Make sure there is no win 10 background upgrade, it tend to download stuff in the background in case you'll update in the near future. It may cause high Disk and and Memory Usage. I would also consider fresh installing windows 10.

Upvote 0

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
if you are using kaspersky, try to disable the extension in your browser. Also disable anti-banner if you have it enabled. It caused problem with facebook for me in the past

add this rule to your adblocker:
Code:
facebook.com###leftCol div.rfloat

Yes It was happend for my AV. As ur advice made few changes in Kaspersky anti banner. Hope it will work.
banner.JPG

Upvote 0

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
Make sure there is no Windows 10 background upgrade, it tend to download stuff in the background in case you'll update in the near future. It may cause high Disk and and Memory Usage. I would also consider fresh installing windows 10.

No its win7 pro x64bit

Upvote 0

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
I informed to Kaspersky regarding Facebook issue. Few days later they advised me to install a Kaspersky Software which was basically collect all my Machine Information and send them with Some system process screen shot. Just now have a mail from them they like to take remote session with my system. Now my question is should I allowed them to take over my pc ? are they legitmate even I received same messgae in my Kaspersky account.

Reactions: frogboy and Rengar
Upvote 0

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
I informed to Kaspersky regarding Facebook issue. Few days later they advised me to install a Kaspersky Software which was basically collect all my Machine Information and send them with Some system process screen shot. Just now have a mail from them they like to take remote session with my system. Now my question is should I allowed them to take over my pc ? are they legitmate even I received same messgae in my Kaspersky account.
I think you should take your pc to a technician first and tell him the problems and what you did. If nothing comes out of that then you should format and do a clean install. If the problem persists then go with Kaspersky....but that will be (for me) the last solution. Good luck ;)

PS: try uninstalling Kaspersky ->reboot and see what happens.

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
did disabbling antibanner work?
have tou tried to completely disable antibanner? it's not a default option

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I believe that it can link to hardware issue; that problem for sure by majority are not suffered in that case.

Slow downs are not only for software so either it needs an upgrade or replace the problematic component.

For example: Facebook website, some instances where browsers crashed on some systems but not on majority. *

Presumption: Possible mediocre hardware performance that needs an upgrade.

Reactions: Rengar
Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I believe that it can link to hardware issue; that problem for sure by majority are not suffered in that case.

Slow downs are not only for software so either it needs an upgrade or replace the problematic component.

For example: Facebook website, some instances where browsers crashed on some systems but not on majority. *

Presumption: Possible mediocre hardware performance that needs an upgrade.
I disagree about hardware issue. We should not blame the hardware. FB is running perfectly on my first-gen i3, 1Gb RAM desktop. In this case, KIS is the culprit
Does facebook need any special hardware requrements.
there is no requirements, check my comments above.
can you try to disable this? are you using firefox when reporting this issue? Does it also happen with chrome?
UncheckInjectionMainJS.PNG

Reactions: brambedkar59
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Evjl's Rain: Alright from the OP post, indeed no guarantee that the hardware may cause a problem.

Unfortunately KIS should run well; one big experiment is to uninstall the AV and check if there is something improvements.

The components alongside of an AV may consume a lot of resource usage which may result on slow downs.

Upvote 0

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
When kaspersky turnoff facebook run smoothly, but few mints later turning on AV my browsers start stucking. Tried on opera and forefox also but same this happen in there. I delete Addblock, Flashblock, Https everywhere extentions and allowed Facebook in KASPERSKY antibanner but nothing happens. Pc hangedup, Ram and cpu consumes 90-100% of their limit.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.