Advice Request PC Cleaning Apps are a Scam!

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you use PC Cleaning Apps?

• Yes

Votes: 54 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 24 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I will keep using them though. You don't have to install them you know :D You can use portable versions and use them on-demand. No waste of space or resources. It's extremely useful when you have one free app with multiple features instead of going to every single utility of Windows separately a.k.a Disk Cleaner, De-fragmenter, etc etc. :sleep:

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
So you Waste of your PC resources.
Do you consider 52 MB ram usage for the Kerish doctor as wasting of resources?:) the real wasting of resources is the MT tab that I opened by Yandex browser(Wtf 184 MB) for no reason(i meant for fun)! a cleaner use the same amount of ram(or less because the clean master for pc only uses 5 MB)!I'm not wasting anything!
There are folders that you are not gonna clean them! but tools like clean master will do that for you(also for free).
Example: there are some traces when I close my telegram! I have no idea how to find them, but the clean master can find them for me:giggle:

PVA_BR

Level 4
Verified
Jan 4, 2014
I only use CCleaner to get rid of my pc's temporary files. It can be useful, as my hard disk is usually almost full. (It's degrades performance, I know, but...)

hamo

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
Do you consider 52 MB ram usage for the Kerish doctor as wasting of resources?:) the real wasting of resources is the MT tab that I opened by Yandex browser(Wtf 184 MB) for no reason(i meant for fun)! a cleaner use the same amount of ram(or less because the clean master for pc only uses 5 MB)!I'm not wasting anything!
There are folders that you are not gonna clean them! but tools like clean master will do that for you(also for free).
Example: there are some traces when I close my telegram! I have no idea how to find them, but the clean master can find them for me:giggle:

Yes, I am with you 5 MB is very low,

Just give a try without it, you can go back again easy.

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
I use cleanmaster pro and Advanced system optimizer on different pc's and i am quite happy with what they do when i run scans once per two weeks.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I'm using the following cleaners to clean my system when I uninstall a program

Revo Uninstaller Pro - use Advanced Scan
Everything - to remove files/folders
Windows regedit32 - to remove INDIVIDUAL registry entry (sometimes can remove registry entries that the below scanners cannot)
RegScanner - can use a particular string to search and scan the entire registry
Wise Disk Cleaner - use Advanced Cleaner
CCleaner - general cleaner
Wise Registry Cleaner - use Deep Scan
Eusing RegCleaner - scans the entire registry
Registry DeleteEx - to remove locked(stubborn) registry keys
IObit Unlocker - to remove stubborn files/folders which cannot be removed in the normal way e.g. from Zemana AntiLogger/Antimalware

So far I'm not facing any issues with my system

Note :- Even executing ALL the above cleaners there are still some registry entries which cannot be removed e.g. from Dr Web software installation. Have not tried the newly added Registry DeleteEx though

If you REALLY do NOT want to use registry cleaner the ONLY way out is to backup your system before installing a new software and restore to the previous after you decide to discard the new installed software

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@HarborFront As I've mentioned before, Eusing should be used with extreme care, as by default, it will remove valid registry keys.
I prefer Unlocker to IObit Unlocker, as find it works better. But, I have both installed on my system.
I have been using Eusing RegCleaner for a long time. So far no issue with it

Unlocker only gets rid of files whilst IObit Unlocker gets rid of files/folders

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I have been using Eusing RegCleaner for a long time. So far no issue with it
It won't cause critical issues like making Windows unable to boot (which registry cleaners can do), but it will remove valid registry keys, unless you manually verify the results and uncheck any valid registry key before deleting anything.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
It won't cause critical issues like making Windows unable to boot (which registry cleaners can do), but it will remove valid registry keys, unless you manually verify the results and uncheck any valid registry key before deleting anything.
For me I just scan and repair......no time to verify each and every registry entry

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
For me I just scan and repair......no time to verify each and every registry entry
In which case, it would be better to use a safe registry cleaner. For example, Vit Registry Fix. The deep registry scan gives occasional minor false positives, but the other scan sections should not ever give any false positives.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I'm using Kerish Doctor, wise disk cleaner(a portable version that i create by Cameyo)and Recently added Clean Master for PC(Cheetah Mobile)!
Clean master is a decent cleaner!it uses Ai and I love it
There are places that windows not gonna clean for me like SoftwareDistribution folder but I have the clean master for those places.

For who still use those tools, Ask yourself "why I use this tools?"
If your answer is something like (habit, like it, OR I use it without any problems :eek: assuming it did), So you Waste of your PC resources.

Give a try to not use any tools for only one week, and you will know the true.

@Sunshine-boy : SoftwareDistribution, normal user don't know what is this folder, and tools did not check it by default. I can do it by myself without Waste of your PC resources. All tools have a service that run in background automatically.

It is so easy to take care of my PC manually every week Waste of your PC resources.

Edit: If you still need to use those tools, Never Ever try to change its default sitting, If you did the error will begin.
Use Bleachbit or Dism++ to clear out Windows junk files incl. assembled/compiled .Net files (Once during Clean install) and lot of things w/o any scams.
I clean the registry myself and also use CCleaner. Regedit isn't complex and very easy to understand even for beginners. Well, you must know what you should delete and what not to delete.
These days adding an SSD and 16GB or more RAM will speedup any old PC by 600%.

P

plat1098

I remove registry items myself. But, I have one trusted cleaner, nothing "snake oil" about it. There are too many discrepancies in how Windows displays the amount of junk files to clean out and there are too many remnants after Windows removal. Using the cleaner gives the machine that "meadow-fresh feeling." :LOL: No, not really but it's like waxing your floor and leaving dust in the corners otherwise.

Reactions: tim one
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.