Status
Not open for further replies.

kuttus

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Guys,

What is your Opinion about PC Optimizer, PC Optimizer Pro? Is it a Good SoftWare?

There was one articles in my Blog for how to remove PC Optimizer, PC Optimizer Pro..
Today I got one mail from PC Optimizer Pro team. I am attaching the mail bellow...

http://123pcworld.com/MalwareTips/PCOptimizerPro.JPG

:D :D :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
PC Optimizer Pro is a rogue system optimizer and is considered Malware/Virus

Every single claim made by this software is false. The registry cleaner is a joke and the errors it finds do not even exist. The uninstaller does not remove extra registry entries and in general the software is a total waste of time and money.PC optimizer Pro even states that some of the legal and essential windows files are infected. If you will remove them, your system will become unstable. All the alerts, warnings and found infections are fake. I believe this is related to another program Fake antivirus.
PC optimizer Pro may block other applications on your computer and tell that they are infected. Removal process is quite a difficult task and it is able to change browser settings, connect itself to the internet, stay resident in the background and block access to legitimate anti-virus and anti-spyware programs

The email seems a bit threatening,I know what I would tell them. Ask them about all the PC's their useless malware ridden software has screwed up and how do they sleep at night taking advantage of people who dont know any better.

Reactions: software182

Shradha

Apr 18, 2014
Hello,

I just want to tell that PC Optimizer Pro is not a virus/ malware . Its a simple registry cleaner software that is boosting up your PC Speed and i m using it from very long . in case of any doubts you may see the following information which i found .
Under the Microsoft Malware protection centerthe program does not have potentially unwanted behaviors. Microsoft has released definition 1.145.58.0 which no longer detects this program. “the program PC Optimizer Pro does not have potentially unwanted behaviors. Microsoft has released definition 1.145.58.0 which no longer detects this program as malware.

for more information you can also check the following link : http://www.microsoft.com/security/p....aspx?Name=Program:Win32/PCOptimizerPro#tab=1

rest its all your wish to do negative publicists . there is no use of such things. :)

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
This program is harmful... I've installed it before... not even good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.