pcgamer2312312 Config

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Suggestions:
Backup solution: Paragon backup and recovery free, macrium reflect free or another alternative.

Use Virtual Machine (Virtual Box) for malware samples tests
One chrome extension: uBlock or Adguard or Adblock Plus. You will be surprised what you will see blocked (despite you have block ads only, I suppose you are not using an extection).

aside from that, its as simple config as one can ask.

Reactions: Mihir :-)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
KIS offers great real-time protection. Make sure you research online (official manuals, guides) for tips and information on how to configure it for maximum security.

If you want to test malware samples, I highly recommend doing so in a virtual machine. Virtual machines are emulated computer systems running within an actual, physical computer, and have many uses, including malware testing. My personal favorite virtual machine deployment and management application is VirtualBox which is free, open-source and reliable.

I recommend you create a system backup image of a known clean state of your system, which you can use to restore that exact state in the case of software malfunction or malware infection. (unless you don't mind re-installing your entire OS)
The software I recommend for this purpose is Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition, however there are also other reliable alternatives, such as AOMEI Backupper Pro or Macrium Reflect Free.

Regarding what extensions to use in your browsers
There is definitely a great variety of add-ons which you can use, however one of the most important ones would be uBlock Origin which blocks advertisements and malicious domains.

Other than that, you're good to go. Thanks for sharing your config with us! :p

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider some type of back up solution
Definitely a VM if your playing with malware
Consider one or two more on demand scanners
Consider uBlock Origin in Chrome
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may add another backup browser just in case of any issue may arise to your current one.

Other than that its fine configuration, you may check the tweak for KIS to provide more efficient on operation.

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Suggestions:
Backup solution: Paragon backup and recovery free, macrium reflect free or another alternative.

Use Virtual Machine (Virtual Box) for malware samples tests
One chrome extension: uBlock or Adguard or Adblock Plus. You will be surprised what you will see blocked (despite you have block ads only, I suppose you are not using an extection).

i second that

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.