Question pcloud and Firefox

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Here's something odd. I don't seem to be able to login to pcloud with Firefox. I've even disabled uBo along with every extension, disabled tracking protection, and made sure DNS is not blocking it. I'm not sure what the problem is, but whenever I go to the login there's no place to enter the login info. If I start a new profile it works fine, and everything works fine in Chrome. Anyone have any idea what the issue could be?

Screenshot 2024-01-29 192755.png

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Oddly enough the developer tools inspects says there's a message on that page that says to use Chrome.

The inspector also says "Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at ‘https://e.pcloud.link/checkcookie?names=pcauth,locationid’. (Reason: Credential is not supported if the CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ is ‘*’)."

Attachments

• 1706586771166.png
    1706586771166.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 52

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Thank you @oldschool for that very sound, logical, advice. That does seem like a better option than doing what I normally do; tweaking things until they break, tweaking them more trying to unbrake them before setting my PC on fire and starting over after I stop crying.

Thank @bobdoe, unfortunately chaging the useragent didn't change anything.

But...I figured it out!!

about:config < network.http.referer.XOriginPolicy has a value of 2. Changing that value to 1 or 0 worked!

Last edited:

Alexei60

Feb 21, 2024
If it's important for you to use FF for that site then I'd say export bookmarks, uninstall, clean leftovers and then clean install with a fresh profile. I'd suggest checking this out
Firefox Privacy or: How I Learned to Stop Hardening and Love Strict Tracking Protection and using it if you go the clean install route. This will give you maximum compatibility for general usage.
After two days of enabling/disabling usual suspects as ad blocking, cookie management, privacy badger, VPN, firewall I gave up and decided to install pCloud Save on a freshly reset PC with a fresh brand new Firefox: behaviour was still the same. Click on "Continue" and nothing happens. No funny stuff in the TCP/IP traffic, developer tools/network do not show anything suspicious.

n8chavez

Level 17
Thread author
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
If that's the case then it's likely a system-wide issue. Are you using any malware traffic scanner, dns filtering, etc., or anything else that might be blocking pcloud. I use it, and it works fine for me.

Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.