Expired pCloud Storage + Crypto Lifetime

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://www.pcloud.com/cyber-monday
How to get a license
[LIST=1]
[*]This a limited-time promotional campaign, organized and run by pCloud AG, which ends on 30.11.2018.
[*]This promotion gives users the opportunity to receive lifetime access to pCloud's additional client-side encryption service, free of charge when purchasing pCloud Premium Lifetime or pCloud Premium Plus Lifetime.
[*]In order to participate in the promotion, you must sign up for a pCloud account or log into a pCloud account through this promotional page.
[*]The offer cannot be combined with other currently ongoing promotions or active discounts.
[*]We have defined a lifetime account as 99 years or the lifetime of the account holder, whichever is shorter.
[*]If you cancel your Lifetime membership and decide to renew it later on, you will no longer be able to take advantage of this promotion.
[*]Participants can take advantage of the promotion only once. No plan transfers between accounts are allowed.
[*]By participating in the promotion, you agree to pCloud’s general [URL='https://www.pcloud.com/terms_and_conditions.html']Terms of service.[/URL]
[*]Money-back guarantee is allowed only within the first 10 days, following the date of purchase. After this period expires, accounts are not subject to any payment refunds.
[*]pCloud AG at all times reserves the right, at sole discretion, to deny promotion participation and promotional prices to any individual.
[*]pCloud AG has the right to change these terms and conditions at any point in time.
[*]To the extent that these conditions do not cover certain situations, pCloud AG will decide upon a solution.
[/LIST]

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
I'm testing this right now and so far it's remarkably faster than Sync.com.

I will drop 200 files on it and test it. To be honest, I am tired of Sync.com bugs, instability and at times glacially slow speeds.
Told you :) I asked for a refund ages ago. Anyway I prefer to encrypt my data by myself (using cryptomator) better than trusting Sync.com or any other cloud storage providers with my files. Sync.com is amazing when it comes to features and price but it is buggy, slow and offers no webdav support (due to its encryption). pCloud, on the other hand, offers webdav support so I can link it to Cryptomator and offers its own client-side encryption so it is a dual cloud if I may say.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

How is PCloud support?

I got double billed when I purchased the lifetime just now.. No idea how.. I dropped them an email about it. If their support stinks I will charge them back, if it is good and they credit me the overcharge then life moves on and everyone is happy.

Right now I am processing a move away from Sync.com. I've had about enough of their buggy Android App and glacially slow syncing.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
How is PCloud support?

I got double billed when I purchased the lifetime just now.. No idea how.. I dropped them an email about it. If their support stinks I will charge them back, if it is good and they credit me the overcharge then life moves on and everyone is happy.

Right now I am processing a move away from Sync.com. I've had about enough of their buggy Android App and glacially slow syncing.

Their support is pretty fast. Sometime they replied in less than an hour.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
For $175 I can purchase a 4TB My Cloud, encrypt it myself and still have change left over.

These cloud services are so far out of line it's not even funny. If people would just do the math, you can purchase your own personal cloud drive(s) for pennies on the dollar of what these services charge EVEN when they have sales., and it's a ONE TIME CHARGE, your not shelling out money every month, 6 months or a year.
Do you really think your stuff is any safer on a cloud service than your own personal Cloud / HDD? In fact it is the exact opposite, your stuff is ten times more apt to be hacked on a cloud service then on your own device, why do you think everyone recommends encrypting your stuff on the cloud, because it is no where near safe.

Don't get me wrong, I use cloud services but I don't pay for them and I only store on them what I can afford to lose.

@Lockdown: To answer you question, you lose your money.

Last edited:

For $175 I can purchase a 4TB My Cloud, encrypt it myself and still have change left over.

These cloud services are so far out of line it's not even funny. If people would just do the math, you can purchase your own personal cloud drive(s) for pennies on the dollar of what these services charge EVEN when they have sales., and it's a ONE TIME CHARGE, your not shelling out money every month, 6 months or a year.
Do you really think your stuff is any safer on a cloud service than your own personal Cloud / HDD? In fact it is the exact opposite, your stuff is ten times more apt to be hacked on a cloud service then on your own device, why do you think everyone recommends encrypting your stuff on the cloud, because it is no where near safe.

Don't get me wrong, I use cloud services but I don't pay for them and I only store on them what I can afford to lose.

Oh, I get it. And I agree with you on purchasing your own cloud drive then encrypting the data yourself. However, these services feed peoples' laziness. That is the need that most services fulfill... and that is peoples' laziness. You're gonna pay for the convenience.

And as far as safety... as a general rule, data on any 3rd party system is far, far less secure than on a local system.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Actually what these services do is save time, lots and lots of time as well as providing an extremely reliable automated mobile device camera directory backup. The reason I use them is quite simple - I want a safe, fast, reliable solution to automatically backup the camera folder directories on 5 mobile phones. I can install an app, then forget about worrying about the phone being lost, destroyed and those precious photos/videos being lost forever. After they go to the cloud I can automatically pull them down onto my local NAS on a weekly or monthly local backups for a third redundancy.

I've done many local NAS setups including some very expensive ones. (aka Datto) But not a single one of them offer a reliable and automatic app to mirror the camera directory on multiple mobile devices properly (if at all).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Handsome Recluse

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017

What you say is true up to a point. However, what happens if your house burns down, or if your My Cloud device malfunctions or is somehow subject to a ransomware attack ?

One advantage of these online cloud services is that they can be useful in the even of a disaster- your data is backed up on multiple servers and it is off-site. So if your house does burn down (hope it doesn't by the way) your data should be kept safe. A single backup, or even multiple backups in one locaton, is not a proper backup in my opinion.

Online security is a risk when considering online cloud services though. Pcloud say that your data is stored in an encrypted format on their servers, even if you dont buy the optional "crypto folder" feature. That's quite standard among most cloud services.

Their crypto feature is a way of encrypting data before it leaves your device which seems much safer to me- I strongly believe that pcloud should be offering this as standard (it would only enhance their product and represent a further enhancement from Dropbox and some of their other competitiors). It would also protect their own repuation if the worst happend and they were subject to a data leak- say from a rogue employee. But that's up to Pcloud.

A couple of questions-

Any good third party applications that would encrypt data before it is uploaded to the cloud ? (preferably ones that are unlikely to become defunct in the future).

Does MyCloud enable synchronisation in the same way as Pcloud ?

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

MyCloud is super buggy and generally has been compromised. So we probably shouldn't talk about MyCloud and security in the same sentence. :)

Reactions: Thales

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Cloud storage isn't laziness. I bought cloud storage because I specifically wanted my data to be off premises. What good is 4TB HDD for local backup if it's destroyed in a fire or flood along with the main system?

As for the price, think pCloud offers great deal. 2TB lifetime plan pays itself off in 5 years based on their yearly plans. Most other services are far more expensive and don't offer nearly as much space.

Paying extra for Crypto is a bit shitty, but do you really need it? Encrypted storage always brings annoying limitations. Btw, you have a 30 days data restoration option, but if you want longer, you have to pay extra. Base price is still great, for these extras, you need to think a bit if you really even need them.

Btw, pCloud has one of the best Windows and Android software. I've tried a lot of services and pCloud ended up being the best one only followed by AllSync. I started using these apps because I have a phone without SD card, dead phone means all is lost. Syncing to cloud fixes this and it's very convenient.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.