Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In a PCMag Review of IObit Malware Fighter 2,
while I was testing this $29.95 product, my IObit contact stated "IMF 2 is not an antivirus product."

Point proven by reviewers experience below:

PROS
Attractive user interface.

CONS
Worst ever scores in both malware blocking and malware removal tests. No protection against malicious downloads. Real-time protection doesn't kick in until malware tries to launch. Behavior-based detection flags both malicious and safe programs. No provision for handling malware that resists installation.

BOTTOM LINE
There's absolutely no reason to buy or even try IObit Malware Fighter 2. It doesn't function as an antivirus and doesn't effectively fight malware. In testing, it reported seven thoroughly infested systems as perfectly clean. Avoid it.

Read Full Review of IObit Malware Fighter 2, by PCMag.com

Have you tested IObit Malware Fighter 2, what's your verdict? Is it an AV? Is it worth the $30 price tag?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think PCMag hits a rare big time to identify its true identity of IMF. :lol: (No biased)

Caused may possible of a slipped review if occurred. :lol:

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
I would say the whole review could have been put more simply,
something along the line of ( its junk , you would be mad to spend 1 $
on it )
Malware Fighter was bad Malware Fighter 2 = bad and junk .
I have seen many users with 1, 2, or 3 malware ruining on there home pcs
because the used Malware Fighter, and MSE..
I do agree it not a antivirus product, well it is not a Malware product ether.
the fact is it only attractive window dressing to make users feel safe and protected
and earn $ .

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Probably the very first review from PCMag that I actually agree with.
I wonder is PCMag going to keep up this good or go back to their crap reviews?

IObit makes some excellent products but they should just leave the malware fighting alone.

Thanks.:D

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Iobit were proven to be thieves and this is just another sham of a product.I would not touch their products with a 10f pole.
I do not want to hear that "it happened years ago that they stole the MBAM database" garbage.
Time does not excuse it and business ethics are lousy.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's not only IObit, some other companies out there are selling crap products, or seem dodgy in the first place:
http://www.geek.com/news/elite-chinese-hacker-rumored-to-be-running-anvisoft-antivirus-firm-1528578/

Not to mention well known companies selling what used to free products.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Amiga500 said:
Iobit were proven to be thieves and this is just another sham of a product.I would not touch their products with a 10f pole.
I do not want to hear that "it happened years ago that they stole the MBAM database" garbage.

Many software vendors steal others work, IObit just got caught.
There is no telling how many respectful companies that buy illegal closed-source codes from China and use it in their products they are just smart enough to not get caught doing it. They get away with it because nobody wants to take legal actions against Chinese companies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Only thing is, acquired IMF to major companies like Symantec or McAfee and sooner discontinued it. ;)

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Littlebits said:
Amiga500 said:

There is no telling how many respectful companies that buy illegal closed-source codes from China and use it in their products they are just smart enough to not get caught doing it. They get away with it because nobody wants to take legal actions against Chinese companies.

Any links or sources to back that up.?
If not then i consider that just paranoid baloney.

Thanks.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I have on my personal computer 3 software of IOBIT: Smart degraf 2, uninstaller 2 and unlocker iobit.
For this category´s are the best.
Congratulations IOBIT!
I have on my personal computer 3 software of IOBIT: Smart degraf 2, uninstaller 2 and unlocker iobit.
For this category´s are the best.
Congratulations IOBIT!

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Amiga500 said:
Littlebits said:
Amiga500 said:

Thanks.

Link

MDTechVideos

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
MrXidus said:
Amiga500 said:
Littlebits said:
Amiga500 said:

Thanks.

Link

I believe Amiga500 was asking for links in regards to the Chinese companies part, as the whole incident with MBAM has already been determined fact.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Amiga500 said:
Littlebits said:
Amiga500 said:

Thanks.

If you are a developer or have resources to development info, you already know about the black market for source codes ran by Chinese hackers.

Here are a few links-

China has hacked every major US company
Google China hackers stole source code - researcher

VMWare source code hack on Chinese company
America’s Biggest Tech Companies Says Chinese Hackers Accessed Core Database
More on Google

Stealing source codes and selling them back to US companies has been going on for many years in the black market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.