Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Same interface with Bitdefender, so clearly its a legal since the site have a good reputation and engine also came from Bitdefender surely.

● Protects against viruses and spyware
● Stops phishing attempts at identity theft
● Screens and filters Facebook and Twitter links
● Warns you of malicious websites
● Won't interrupt full-speed PC performance
● Operates hassle-free with Autopilot
● Free Technical Support

Link

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
So it's just a re-licensed version of Bitdefender?

Nothing to see here then.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
av1big.gif

Looks like a re-branded version of Bitdefender IS.....The guys from Bitdefender are known for selling to almost everyone their av engine but selling there entire suite ...now that's a new concept... :p

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
When I first saw the name I thought it was a rogue product..... PerfectAntivirus 2012
hehe

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Naming your product after, i assume, a rouge might not have been the best business decision :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
win7holic: Yes, the name itself would think its a rogue but the name PerfectAntivirus it will not a fully perfect AV :lol:.

For Bitdefender seems they are pretty confident on their performance through their products so they freely gave to other companies as long its a legal license.

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
It's not the first time that someone uses Bitdefender skin and engine and changes the name, remember Auslogics Antivirus and Acronis Backup and Security.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
They suppose just rename like "Raxco Antivirus" since it would be more thing not a rogue :lol:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Made me look for a minute. Trying Bitdefender now. Funny name too :D

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Bad name choice as that's what I thought before I even read this thread that it was a 'rogue', seems BitDefender will license their product out to anyone who will give them money.

My bet is this will flop/fail very soon.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Found a few details about PerfectAntivirus 2012

Bitdefender Lends Raxco Software Its Malware Detection Systems

Raxco, a leader in defragmentation solutions and Bitdefender, the renowned security solutions provider, signed a partnership that will bring benefits to both.

To show off the fruits of their labor, Bitdefender's anti-malware engines were integrated into the PerfectAntivirus 2012 and AntivirusPlus 2012, the first Raxio products that will benefit from the market leading technology.

Since they were looking to expand their business, Raxco Software found in the solutions offered by Bitdefender exactly what they were looking for.

“We wanted to find a top rated antivirus scanning engine with strong detection rates and fast scanning performance that would allow us to expand into new markets,” said Arthur Frischman, president of Raxco Software.

“Bitdefender is precisely what we’ve been looking for, thanks, among other things, to its technology’s minimal installation conflicts with other programs and to its simple licensing models.”

On the other hand, after the anti-virus tests in June showed that their solutions were among the best, scoring perfect points in protection against all the threats that roam the internet, the fact that their technologies will be utilized by someone can only please Bitdefender.

“Bitdefender is very pleased to partner with Raxco Software to provide their global customers comprehensive protection against the sophisticated cyber threats of today and tomorrow. Customers are now able to rely on Raxco Software both for the well-being and security of their computers and digital lives” said Peter Laakkonen, Bitdefender’s general manager of OEM and Technology Licensing.

Read more

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.