Performance Test October 2018 | AV-Comparatives

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Well stated, @Raiden . ... By the way, in v. 1809 at least, you can enable group policy edits (search how to do it) in home version. I've already enabled behavioral monitoring there and so far: no problems, nags, what have you.

I don't have 1809 yet (thank you!) but in case you did not already know, you may be able to make the most of WD by using ConfigureDefender. The new version is here:

https://malwaretips.com/threads/configuredefender-utility-for-windows-10.79039/page-16(y)

Cheers!

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Until WD enabled GPU scanning for ALL CPUs I'm not switching to WD. It's a CPU an disk hog. I seriously worried about the lifetime of both while I was using it. And the lack of configuration just constantly makes you feel unsecure.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I'm disappointed that Emsisoft has fallen far behind. But then I looked at the review and it's really just the installation part that causes slowdown. I can see why. The behavior blocker raises a lot of flags during installation. Other than that I still prefer EAM because it doesn't bother my disk and at the most uses 0.7% of my CPU. But I have been running into more and more conflicts related to EAM and I can't help but wonder if the glitches and slowdowns are the cause of EAM or if Windows 10 1809 is just buggy. Either way Emsisoft needs to look at this and re-evaluate. It should be at the level of Eset!
I moved on from Emsisoft to Kaspersky & never looked back..! WD & MRT are useless IMO also.

Reactions: Nevi and DeepWeb

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I live in UK but had the opportunity to visit New Zealand this year, the registered offices of Emsisoft are at the beautiful city of Nelson where I visited, a lovely coastal city which has the most lovely 180+ degree view of the bay. I hope Emsisoft do better in the future!

Reactions: oldschool

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
OK, thank you Andy_Ful, I didn't know this! Group Policy is kind of a trip to access and configure but I would not know how to get hold of the various PowerShell scripts to manipulate what I can in GP once I get there. I had Windows Pro before my second computer went to the great Best Buy in the sky so I'm more used to GP. Anyway, to stay on topic, any GP edits I've made do not impact the machine at all. I know it seems black or white when it comes to Windows Security much of the time. I have a question about ConfigureDefender so will ask in the proper thread, OK?

Capture.PNG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.