Persistent adware on google chrome

Discussion in 'Malware Removal Assistance For Windows' started by wafflenator, Jul 4, 2017.

Need Malware Removal Help?

We offer free malware removal assistance to our members. Sign Up now, and get free malware removal support.

1. wafflenator

wafflenator New Member

Jul 4, 2017
    TX
    Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?:
    64-bit (x64)
    Infection date and initial symptoms:
    7-1-17, computer restarted after installing SUPER audio converter, chrome immediately had ads and hyper links everywhere
    Current issues and symptoms:
    currently there are certain parts of text that are changed to hyperlinks with a green arrow that just have pop up ads and say something like "ad by advertiser", Chrome runs pretty slow and tabs are constantly getting closed and reopened and malwarebytes updates with a malicious website morning every time I go to a new page
    Steps taken in order to remove the infection:
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled chrome, used malwarebytes, hitman pro, zemana, and adwcleaner
    Logs added to help request:
    • FRST.txt
    • Addition.txt
    Hello! Recently I was trying to convert some FLACs I had and downloaded a converter named SUPER and cancelled it in the middle of installation because it seemed sketch, my computer immediately restarted and upon reboot my chrome started showing random text as hyperlinks with a green arrow and popups with "ad by advertiser" in the corners. I have tried so many cleaners and scans and I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you in advance!!

Attached Files:

2. TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle Removal Expert
    Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
    Hello,

Is it happening only in Chrome? Did you try to empty cache?

3. wafflenator

wafflenator New Member

Jul 4, 2017
    TX
    Yes, I just did and chrome keeps showing the same symptoms :(

4. TwinHeadedEagle

Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
    Is this happening no matter what website you visit?

5. wafflenator

wafflenator New Member

Jul 4, 2017
    TX
    So far, I've noticed hyperlinks and popups on most pages except for things like YouTube and Reddit

6. TwinHeadedEagle

Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
  7. wafflenator

wafflenator New Member

Jul 4, 2017
    TX
    I had adblock plus and uBlock both installed when I got the bug, it seems to be on sites that don't use it I guess. I've noticed places like Crunchyroll and vimeo have the problem too

8. TwinHeadedEagle

Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
    Try to reset and/or reinstall Chrome. I don't know what is the problem.