Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
@Solarlynx
That's Bill spending some of that new weed money :p roflmao

For me it proves that MS really didn't ask users if they want to upgrade. It's dangerous for a user practice.

@Solarlynx: A loophole :D, since Microsoft agreed on that case, then the company must pay customers who are proven inexperience to solve on that pesky forced Windows 10 upgrade.

Yeah a loophole, though I think it won't be an easy task to prove you are a victim of silent upgrade.

Reactions: DardiM
D

Deleted member 178

i can see how they will do this:

Windows: "the upgrade will start in 30 seconds , if you refuse it, click the red cross on top right corner. :) "

User: "No way i want use it, im a rebel ! ok let's click on it ! oh weird it doesn't close it.:oops:"

Windows: "the upgrade will start in 20 seconds.:)"

User : "Damn it ! i just click on it ! close it o_O"

Windows :
clear.png
clear.png
clear.png
clear.png
"the upgrade will start in 10 seconds.:)"

User: "I JUST CLICK !!!!! STOP IT !!! :eek:"

Windows : "the driver for your pointing device has been updated, the upgrade is now starting :D:p"

User: "WHAT?!!! :confused:"

Windows: Thank you for trusting Windows 10 , for your datas safety, please do not shut down or turn off your computer during the upgrade :);)"

User:" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mad:"

far away , an MS employee: "hey guys, we received some telemetry datas; the mouse trick is working ! mwahahahahaha" :cool:

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016

Windows: "the upgrade will start in 30 seconds , if you refuse it, click the red cross on top right corner. :) "

User: "No way i want use it, im a rebel ! ok let's click on it ! oh weird it doesn't close it.:oops:"

Windows :
clear.png
clear.png
clear.png
clear.png

Windows : "the driver for your pointing device has been updated, the upgrade is now starting :D:p"

Windows: Thank you for trusting Windows 10 , for your datas safety, please do not shut down or turn off your computer during the upgrade :);)"

far away , an MS employee: "hey guys, we received some telemetry datas; the mouse trick is working ! mwahahahahaha" :cool:
How the hell do you know what happened to me !? Microsoft gave you the information !?
=> So traumatized that I will ask Microsoft for $20,000 :rolleyes:

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
That's the point Microsoft doesn't need to apologise, they already make enough money and supply Governments, industries and people to not have to worry about a few measly people.

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015

Windows :
clear.png
clear.png
clear.png
clear.png

So it was you that tricked me into installing 10 ;)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Well, some things are not impossible: Payout of $10,000 for Windows 10 update: Microsoft has agreed to pay a Californian woman $10,000 (£7,500) after an automatic Windows 10 update left her computer unusable.

Cheers!

I wish they had done the same thing with my Toshiba laptop from a year ago. After I upgraded the computer literally brokedown from the inside. :p

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Give it another few months and people will whine about not taking the upgrade and now having to pay for it!
I do agree that M$ went the wrong way about windows 10 and forcing it on us....bad PR Microsoft!

simbelmayne

Level 3
Verified
Jul 4, 2016
People really are afraid of changes, and they have their god damn right to be afraid! If you are a normal user, you have your Win7, and you got used to it, and you just don't need new one, so why it's updating? You'll upgrade it when there will be a new game that runs only on Win10, or you'll need to install some modern software, or whatever. But it will be the need, and your own decision. MS is really wrong in their policy, and I signed dat petition.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It just pop-up on the head where Microsoft should consider the concern of users especially those elderly who does not have knowledge much on computers.

Microsoft just taste their own medicine.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.