Troubleshoot Photos App

L

Local Host

I didn't know where to post this, so it goes here...

I'm looking for some insight as to why the Photos App is using more resources than it needs on standby, I'll provide a printscreen to give a clear picture.

Untitled.jpg

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Some native apps are still in need of further refinements, the reference goes to the Photos app for sure.
A similar problem existed also two years ago based on my experience, so I uninstalled it and now I use FastStone Viewer, light and fast.

Upvote 0
L

Local Host

Some native apps are still in need of further refinements, the reference goes to the Photos app for sure.
A similar problem existed also two years ago based on my experience, so I uninstalled it and now I use FastStone Viewer, light and fast.
Thanks for the suggestion, I miss the old image software.

I had issues with my Network Adapter too but installing the latest drivers from Realtek solved the problem.

For a moment I though it was Malware, but Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, ZAM (Portable) and Hitman Pro didn't detect anything.

Microsoft.Photos.exe uses around 70MB RAM for me on my system (generally speaking).

Do you happen to have any security software installed? (e.g. someone above mentioned ZAM).
Kaspersky Anti-Virus the only one running in real time, I'm impressed by how light it is :coffee:

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 65228

Kaspersky Anti-Virus the only one running in real time, I'm impressed by how light it is :coffee:
Check the modules within the process if you can. Maybe it is related to Kaspersky (wouldn't have thought they'd be injecting into the Photos app but it is still a possibility).

If they aren't doing this then you could test if it is Kaspersky by doing a full uninstallation and then re-checking.

It would unusual however for Kaspersky to cause a problem with the Photos application of all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
L

Local Host

Check the modules within the process if you can. Maybe it is related to Kaspersky (wouldn't have thought they'd be injecting into the Photos app but it is still a possibility).

If they aren't doing this then you could test if it is Kaspersky by doing a full uninstallation and then re-checking.

It would unusual however for Kaspersky to cause a problem with the Photos application of all of them.
Kaspersky isn't hooked into it, only the usual Microsoft stuff. It's using less resources now though...

• mrt100_app.dll
  • ntdll.dll
  • MrmCoreR.dll
  • twinapi.appcore.dll
  • shcore.dll
  • amdihk64.dll (AMD)
  • CRYPT32.dll
  • directmanipulation.dll
  • combase.dll
  • CONCRT140_APP.dll (Windows Phone)
  • Windows.UI.Xaml.dll (?)
  • combase.dll
  • windows.storage.dll

Reactions: Weebarra
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.