Pixel 2 Info, Leaks and Discussion

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
"We’re hearing more about the next-generation ‘Pixel 2’ from a source that has been reliable in the past. I mentioned yesterday that we previously heard Google Pixel would bring ‘waterproofing,’ a feature we’re now told is “still on the table.”

We’re also now being told, however, that Google is once again focusing intensely on the camera with Pixel 2, that the device is currently being tested with improved chipsets from two different manufacturers, and that it will bring a higher price. Finally, the same source says Google has lately been testing lower-end Pixel devices which would bring lesser specs and a much lower price tag.

Update: Since publishing this article, we’ve received additional information on the device’s chipset situation."

More to Read: Source: Google’s Pixel 2 to feature improved camera, CPU, higher price, but ‘budget’ Pixel also in works

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
Higher price? LOL. "Hey honey, we can either buy a used car, or a Pixel".
Top tier comment in the comment section.

I'm all for these improvements for the Pixel 2, and I was quite looking forward to buying it, but forget it if it is going to be even more expensive. The price was already comparable to an iPhone 7, why the hell would I pay more for it? At this rate, I might end up going with an iPhone.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Source: Google's next Pixel phones are likely codenamed 'muskie' and 'walleye'

Corroborating information provided to us by a source, we can share the first public sighting of Google's next-generation Pixel phones: in the Android Open Source Project gerrit (and yes, that means it's running Android). We've only seen one of the phones - walleye - which we believe will be the smaller of Google's new Pixel devices. Muskie, the larger of the two, has not yet appeared. (For reference, last year, we only ever saw Marlin in the AOSP gerrit - there's no guarantee Muskie will ever show up there.)

We give this rumor a confidence rating of 9 out of 10 - we have essentially confirmed walleye, and the muskie name was provided to us by the same source in the same context, so we're confident in it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.