Google Messages, Signal, Threema
Music & Podcasts
Youtube Music Premium, Musicolet
Entertainment
Youtube Premium
Games
None
File and Photo backup
Google Drive, Google One, Near unlimited Google Photos backup till device EOL.
Notable changes
Dec 2021 SP update and Feature Drops.
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

Vasudev

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
For maximum security and privacy you can flash GrapheneOS

also why software updates on manual, no SIM Pin and unknown apps allowed?
Once warranty is expired, I'm really itching for paranoid Android w/o GMS. You suggested Pixel phone and I wasn't wrong Pixel is better. Likewise, GrapheneOS will be next option. For now, I have too much dependency on GMS apps.
I forget SIM Pin and it's a pain. Updates are manual since I don't like being the first guy to get updates and find the device is broken so in my experience I'd wait for atleast 4-5 days and once deemed stable I'll update it otherwise I'll skip it.
Unknown apps are allowed on Files App since I test development apks sometimes.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Once warranty is expired, I'm really itching for paranoid Android w/o GMS. For now, I have too much dependency on GMS apps.
At the end of the day, you could use the most secure and privacy-abiding OS, but in reality it's the apps you use that truly affect your privacy.

If you did, you would need to sacrifice your social circles by abandoning Facebook (Instagram, WhatsApp), Google (YouTube, Stadia), Amazon (Twitch, Prime) apps, services and subscriptions.

Might as well keep using Android for the time being.

Vasudev

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
At the end of the day, you could use the most secure and privacy-abiding OS, but in reality it's the apps you use that truly affect your privacy.

If you did, you would need to sacrifice your social circles by abandoning Facebook (Instagram, WhatsApp), Google (YouTube, Stadia), Amazon (Twitch, Prime) apps, services and subscriptions.

Might as well keep using Android for the time being.
Currently, use whatsapp, maps, youtube, google message rcs, google pay all which doesn't work w/o gms.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.