Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
SNESbox provides you online access to 1861 Nintendo SNES games that you can play on the site either with a keyboard or a gamepad that you connect to your computer. What makes this service special is that you can play games with a friend together. It provides you with online multiplayer for all the best – English – SNES games.

The site offers all classic SNES games, from Super Mario World and Kart over Mortal Kombat and Donkey Kong to Contra and Zelda. Not all games are multiplayer games, and the selection of single player games is excellent as well. I have already mentioned Zelda, but you also get access to excellent games like Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Earthbound, all Final Fantasy games or Super Star Wars.

To play a game simply click on it. It takes a couple of seconds to load the emulator and game. First thing you see is the selection menu where you can select to play alone or with a friend via the Internet. If you select the multiplayer option, a custom url is generated that you need to provide your friend with. You can send it via email, chat or any other form of communication that you have available. The game then waits for your friend to load the link before it starts. Single and multiplayer are from here on out identical again.

First time users need to configure the keyboard setup first before they can play. A click on load defaults here sets the keys to the defaults, which means you move with WASD and control the A,B,X and Y buttons with K,J,I and U. Select is set to T and Start to space. It is highly recommended to connect a gamepad to the PC though as it improves game play significantly

Games play in a small frame in the browser window by default. A fullscreen mode is available, but only if you connect a gamepad to the computer. Before you do that, you need to download a small file and run it on your computer. I have not tested that yet as I never tried to connect a pad to the PC before.
playsnesgamesonlinemult.jpg

If you want to play with a friend, you have to select the multiplayer game mode the game provides you with. You share a single screen so that you always see what your friend is up to and vice versa. I have not tried Mario Kart yet but suppose it will use the split screen technique for multiplayer just like the original games did.

Source

Source

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Freezes for me in Chrome (Stable release). Might try it in a different browser later. Brings back good memories :)

N

Nige_40

For me Everything loads but when you got the choice to select one player etc, it don't work for me.

using dragon latest

Nigel

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.