Advice Request Most suitable GPU and VRAM

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

CipherNi

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 27, 2015
Hey everyone. I'm in search of getting a better gaming PC for my current gaming needs. But I'm at a lost on what I should get that will be the best suit for my needs. So, here's a little run-down on what type of games I play and what I do besides gaming.

Skjermbilde.PNG

Here's a screenshot of my current Steam library with an overview of the games that I play most. Besides them, I like to play other games such as older Assassin's Creed games like Odyssey, Valhalla, Tom Clancy's The Division 1 + 2 and Ghost Recon Breakpoints. And to be honest, I rarely play the latest-released games (I do that most on my PS5 since I can get stable 60 FPS with 4K there 😁).
The in-game resolution which I play in/wanna play in is HIGH/ULTRA settings with a res of 2560x1440. I also like to live-stream and/or do recordings of my gameplay, and the res settings I wanna aim for for my stream is 1440p60 or 1080p60 while I play in HIGH/ULTRA settings with a res of 2560x1440 without getting encoding overload constantly.

With all of these things in mind, I personally have come to the conclusion that I need a GPU with a minimum of 12GB VRAM. But I'm not sure. I have been some reseaches on the web, reading benchmarks, etc., without getting any wiser. Really hope you can give me some advices. Also, if you have nay recommendations when it comes to the other PC hardwares, I more than welcome them! Thanks a lot!

Also, what's the deal with ray tracing and NVIDIA's DLSS? Is it something to be as hype about as NVIDIA makes it to? I have tried DLSS with my current GPU (rtx 2060, 6GB VRAM) on games that supports them, but I really can't notice any differences.

Reactions: Nevi

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Based on the games you mentioned and your desired settings, a GPU with at least 12GB of VRAM would be a good choice. This will ensure that you have enough memory to handle high-resolution textures and settings without any performance issues. It's important to note that VRAM is not the only factor in determining gaming performance, but it is certainly an important one, especially at higher resolutions.

In terms of specific GPU recommendations, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti or the AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT would be suitable options for your needs. Both of these GPUs offer excellent performance at 1440p resolution and have 12GB of VRAM, which should be sufficient for your gaming and streaming requirements.

As for ray tracing and DLSS, they are indeed exciting technologies that can enhance your gaming experience. Ray tracing allows for more realistic lighting and reflections in games, while DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) uses AI to upscale lower-resolution images to higher resolutions, resulting in improved image quality and performance.

However, the impact of these technologies can vary depending on the game and the specific hardware you're using. Some games may have more noticeable visual improvements with ray tracing and DLSS enabled, while others may not show as much of a difference. Additionally, the performance impact of enabling these features can vary, so it's important to balance visual fidelity with smooth gameplay.

Ultimately, whether or not you find ray tracing and DLSS to be worth the hype will depend on your personal preferences and the games you play. It's always a good idea to check reviews and benchmarks specific to the games you're interested in to get a better understanding of the impact of these technologies.

In terms of other PC hardware recommendations, it would be helpful to know your current system specifications to provide more accurate suggestions. Factors such as your CPU, RAM, and storage configuration can also impact gaming performance.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
I recommend a 4070 Super, or a 4070 Super Ti (when that comes out). Both are more than capabile to run at 1440p, but the Ti is faster than the 3090 ti where as the 4070 is 3080 level.
DLSS is also really good, at least in my experience. I do have a 4090 but its about a 70% frame boost for me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.