Please help, CPU usage constantly >80% and laptop heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhysson

Thread author
Apr 29, 2015
Just recently, 27th April 2015, I noticed that my PC (laptop PC) is running at full fan speed for no reason. This is a 4 years old laptop from ASUS. Model K43SV, i5-2410m, GT540m, 8GB ram.

I play some games on this PC like Counter Strike: Global Offensive and the PC will heat up and run with high fan speed during gaming. I also use programs like Solidworks and Matlab and the PC will run at higher CPU usage but the fan remains low because there is no significant heat increase.

My PC runs at 70+ deg idling temp usually (because I have yet to clean the vents and replace the thermal paste for more than a year) but now it is running at 80+ 90 deg even during idling. The fan is running on full speed because it is hot inside.

I've tried putting it directly under an air-conditioner to keep it cool + a cooling pad underneath, it doesn't seem to do any help at all. I've also tried to use ASUS' Power4Gear Hybrid power management system to put the PC in power saving mode where I've set the maximum CPU state to be 30% only - this has resulted in temperature drop back to 70+ deg for idling however this was not required previously. By previously I mean just last week. On performance mode I've set the min CPU state to be 10% and maximum to be 95% and the CP will always stay at 10% CPU usage even during idling with no games or heavy programs running in the background, only Chrome for web browsing.

I've read the thread on:
- http://malwaretips.com/threads/unkn...sage-suspected-programs-listed-in-post.37625/
and I'm aware that the solution provided by TwinHeaded Eagle is strictly for Henry's PC only.
If anyone could provide me a solution to my problem as well that would be much appreciated. Otherwise I'm scheduling for a full reformat after my semester during the month of July.

All help is appreciated, thank you very much!

Attachments

• MalwareBytes Anti-Malware -Scan log (29-05-2015).txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 22

Rhysson

Thread author
Apr 29, 2015
The reports as required, and thank you for the quick reply!

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    82.9 KB · Views: 48
  • FRST.txt
    97.1 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.