Back-Up: Acronis True Image Home 2012

Any suggestions welcomed. :)

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
A flexible backup solution I recommend.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/

oHEvL.png

View the handy information on the page. :)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello and welcome to MT! ;D
Real-time protection:
Did you change any of the default settings for Bitdefender AV Pro 2012 ?
Do you have UAC enabled?
Do you have Java installed on your system?

On-demand scanners:
You can add Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your on-demand scanners as this most likely one of the top scanner available today.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free (Free) - link
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free utilizes Malwarebytes powerful technology to detect and remove all traces of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware and more.

VTUploader (Free) - link
To upload a file to VirusTotal, you can visit the main analysis site, click the Browse button to select a file from your hard drive, and then click the Send file button. You can make this process even easier with the free VirusTotal Uploader utility. After installing it, you can simply right-click any file under 20MB and choose "VirusTotal" from the Send To Windows menu. The scan results will display in your browser as usual.

Virtualization:
While Bitdefender comes with a browser virtualization module , it's not a match for the powerful and easy to use Sandboxie.. I strongly advise you to install this program and use it for when you're browsing the Internet or running shady/unknown programs(not that you should do that but... :) ) . Alternately you can try BufferZone PRO (Free) , another great virtualization software.
Sandboxie (Free/Paid) - link
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.

Additional browser plugins
Adblock Plus for Google Chrome (Free) - link
Adblock Plus for Google Chrome is a content-filtering extension for Google Chrome. Adblock allows users to prevent page elements, such as advertisements, from being downloaded and displayed.

Last edited:

plusldn

Thread author
Mar 24, 2012
Thanks. I have added Acronis True Image Home 2012 and Adblock Plus. I am also looking into Sandboxie.

I previously had MBAM Free installed, but when installing Bitdefender it asked for MBAM to be un-installed. I may try re-installing it and see if I encounter any compatibility issues.

I haven't made any changes to Bitdefender's default settings, have UAC enabled and the latest version of Java installed.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not a bad config, Zonealarm is likely main as pure firewall but its your choice if you will choose between Comodo or OA.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.