Police malware - removal from another machine

echium

Thread author
Jun 2, 2013
Fiery

You are absolutely right. When I went back to the Adobe download page I saw the checkbox - this time for Google Chrome. I hadn't downloaded anything for some time until this last week. When I did in the past, the program requested was downloaded and that was it. Now I notice a complete change in ethos - you are surrounded by trapware trying to get you to download other programs that you hadn't asked for. In this case harmless ones - I hope.

I have run AdwCleaner again - and been surprised at how much it has deleted considering that I have run so many similar programs over the last few days. The log file is attached.[attachment=4787]

My machine is now working fine - all thanks to you. I really am most greatful for all your help and have made a contribution.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S2].txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 79

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.