Q&A Portable Programs on USB 2.0 Flash Drive

CMLew

Level 23
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Hi,

I recently tried to install some portable apps (mainly ccleaner and browsers). I realised the loading and running it is quite slow. I wondered if it is due to the use of USB 2.0 flash drive? would 3.0 work faster? I'm using windows 10 Home.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
If you have a USB 3.0 port in your PC then you can opt for a USB 3.0 Flash Drives, else its no use investing for it. USB 2.0 read and write speeds are lower than that of USB 3.0. So if you plan to upgrade it make a wise decision and select it from a good manufacturer. But make sure you do have a USB 3.0 Port before buying.

frogboy

Level 75
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
If you have a USB 3.0 port in your PC then you can opt for a USB 3.0 Flash Drives, else its no use investing for it. USB 2.0 read and write speeds are lower than that of USB 3.0. So if you plan to upgrade it make a wise decision and select it from a good manufacturer. But make sure you do have a USB 3.0 Port before buying.
Avery good point. ;)

jamescv7

Level 61
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
Well using USB 3.0 will generally increase the write and read speed, its pretty common nowadays. So the problem for sure relies on that case. ;)