Possible Chrome MITM Malware Error: NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Discussion in 'Malware Removal Assistance For Windows' started by AppleGlory, Jul 14, 2017.

Need Malware Removal Help?

We offer free malware removal assistance to our members. Sign Up now, and get free malware removal support.

1. AppleGlory

AppleGlory New Member

Jul 14, 2017
    USA
    Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?:
    64-bit (x64)
    Infection date and initial symptoms:
    Two days ago, Chrome displaying NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID when trying to load SSL protected websites
    Current issues and symptoms:
    Sporadically receiving NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID error when using Chrome, other browsers not affected
    Steps taken in order to remove the infection:
    Followed basic guide on fixing the issue, checked system clock, uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome, scanned with Malwarebytes and Comodo IS, both turned up nothing, removed all extensions from Chrome, FRST scan
    Logs added to help request:
    • FRST.txt
    • Addition.txt
    • I've also uploaded logs from other scans that I've performed
    I recently started receiving an error in Chrome, NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID, when trying to load https protected websites, which happens sporadically. I did the basic steps to try and resolve this issue after researching online but I believe it's pointing to malware as all the steps I've taken haven't helped and I'm not receiving the issue in other browsers. I've attached my latest Malwarebytes scan log, as well as the FRST log.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle Removal Expert
    Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Male
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
    Hello,

Your computer isn't infected.

Other threads that you may like Forum Date
Security Alert Phishing Attack almost impossible to detect in Chrome, Firefox and Opera Security News Apr 17, 2017
chrome malware? and Rootkit impossible to remove Malware Removal Assistance For Windows Sep 22, 2016
SOLVED Possible Fake Google Chrome Executable Files on Laptop Malware Removal Assistance For Windows Dec 8, 2015