Not open for further replies.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I found that after installing Toolwiz Time Freeze, Toolwiz Time Machine failed to restore from a snapshot and installing Reboot Restore when I already have Rollback RX Home told a prompt to uninstall Rollback. These are all free versions. Can someone replicate this and are there any incompatibilities with Rollback and Virtualization software from the same or different vendors?

D

Deleted member 2913

I think in most cases there will be incompatibilities And I suggest to use any one.

I had Shadow Defender, when I installed AX64 V2, it mentioned to uninstall SD as use of SD could corrupt AX64 snapshots.

Reactions: frogboy

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
I install RollBack Rx on VMWare Workstation quite often, I've never had an issue.

installing Reboot Restore when I already have Rollback RX Home told a prompt to uninstall Rollback

RollBack associates with your MBR, since you only have one MBR, you can only have one program associated with it. That's why you were prompted to uninstall.

I don't think it's that Rollback is incompatible with virtualization software, you're doubling down on similar software. Toolwiz Time Freeze while it touts itself as 'virtualization' is more like Deep Freeze or Reboot Restore Rx imo. Especially if programs like Toolwiz Time Freeze associate with your MBR. Aside from the technical aspects, why would you run RollBack and Time Freeze when they are somewhat similar.

It's a real simple fix for this, if you want to run RollBack in a virtual environment, I'd recommend you find a dedicated VM service. There's free VM services out there like VMWare Workstation, but I wouldn't classify Time Freeze as one, and I suspect RollBack isn't as well.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.